Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 2/28/2006 12:22:25 AM EDT
Just got this last Friday. Its a sweet blade and it will replace my Spyderco OD Green Delica...RIP...thats probably my last production folder I EDC.  

Strider Gen 6 SnG Tanto with an S30V blade.

Check it out-->

Love the flamed Titanium!

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:38:13 AM EDT
[#1]
That's an expensive knife to lose.

I can't imagine carrying a pocket knife that cost more than $50 or so.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:49:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup, I was exactly in your shoes several years ago.

But to each his own.

Plus I decided to live a little, spend a little and risk a little. I've never EDC'ed a Custom blade but it sure is growing on me FAST!

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:46:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That's an expensive knife to lose.

I can't imagine carrying a pocket knife that cost more than $50 or so.

naaa    i carry a benchmade auto with me everyday.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:33:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just got this last Friday. Its a sweet blade and it will replace my Spyderco OD Green Delica...RIP...thats probably my last production folder I EDC.  

Strider Gen 6 SnG Tanto with an S30V blade.

Check it out-->

img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/Glaucus/SnGF.jpg

Love the flamed Titanium!

img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/Glaucus/SnGB.jpg

Very nice, let us know how it performs. By the way, although Im not too familiar with Striders, I thought that they were production blades instead of custom, just hand finished? I could be wrong. Great choice. They really are an amazing folder. Check out this review to see just how strong Strider folders are. I know it is a different Strider model, but they should be similar in strength. It is against the Extrema Ratio Fulcrum which is another folder that is considered the strongest in the world. It will make you glad to have this blade at your side at all times.

www.badlandsforums.com/faq/ExtremaStrider.shtml

ETA:
I found this regarding custom Striders. It tells what markings the blade will have to make it a true custom Strider. I can't really tell in your pics whether or not you have these markings.

www.badlandsforums.com/faq/HowDoIKnow.shtml

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:26:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks.

I had seen that comparison being posted at Blade Forums or somewhere else.  That is some serious comparison, they literally destroyed both blades!!!

Technically yes, its a semi-production and not a full custom. But what I meant was that this blade is in a different league than my previous EDC. My spyderco OD Delica.

I just wanted to snap some photos before I begin the break in and beat it senseless....
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a SnG gen 6 drop point and since getting it, I haven't bought another knife.    I finally had to use my EdgePro to straighten the edge.  I'm not sure I buy into ALL of the Strider hype, but it is a tough ass knife that's a pleasure to use.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:48:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Strider makes some sweet stuff.

I'm trying to find a Strider Pirela Operator... however finding it and actually buying it will be two different things. IIRC only 25 were made so you can imagine it's not easy or cheap.. and not something I'd use and an EDC.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I almost bought that same knife today only with a droppoint blade. I think im going to get it in the morning (i hope). congats on the sweet blade
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:42:25 PM EDT
[#9]
 I had to settle for the Buck/ Strider when I bought  my EDC folder. Not enough $$$ for the Strider.

I did however splurge on my fixed blade 50% carry knife... A Trident  TC01
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:43:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top