Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 4:50:20 PM EDT
Anyone have any feedback on Tops knives?  Anyone know where they're available for the best prices?

Thanks,

Tom  

TOPS knives
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:59:12 PM EDT
[#1]
My buddy has a few Tops knives. He 1st heard about them from the woodsmaster series of videos by Ron Hood.

He really likes their product.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#2]
IMO TOPS makes a solid well made line of knives.  however, I also think they are greatly over priced and over hyped.  They use decent steel but not anyting special.  The kydex sheaths are IMO poorly made.  I have owned about 10 TOPS knives and currently have a TOPS BEST bowie.  You can find some decent deals via internet dealers if you do a google search and compare prices but I would'nt pay full retail for any TOPS knife.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#3]
What a coincidence. I just received my first TOPS blade yesterday, a Scalpel. Here is my review.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=4&t=195248
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:23:49 AM EDT
[#4]
It's on sale for 45.99
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:47:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It's on sale for 45.99

Ahhh, it was $35 bucks when I bought it a week ago on an inventory sale. Must have went back up.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys!  I actually found TOPS knives cheapest on eGay.

Tom  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:16:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Other than being too expensive at Retail (ditto for looking on Ebay), they're good knives...the steel may be mediocre, but TOPS does have very good heat-treatment.  I have a Steel Eagle and a Pasayten.  I really like the Pasayten, but make sure you get your hands on the bigger knives before buying.  The handles are a little different than most knives.  My Steel Eagle came with a pretty high-angled edge, I've since lowered the profile and it performs very well.  Many of TOPS knives are sharpened prybars so you may have to do some work depending on your uses.

Steel Eagle, second from the right:

ROCK6
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:09:29 PM EDT
[#8]
 I had a TOPS Tom Brown tracker knife while the quality and wokmanship of the knife was excellent  it just wasn't for me. I purchased mine on e-bay for $225.00 shipped  which was pretty good IMO.  I also sold it on e-bay about a month or two after buying it.
   I have recently purchased a couple of  Ranger knives R.D series.  I think these knives are a great value and are extremely tough.  Plus the owner Justin is a really good guy to deal with and if you ever have any type of problems with you Ranger knife he will repair it free of charge.
The Ranger knives are available from Brigade Quartermasters at www.actiongear.com

Achilleas
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top