Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 1/30/2006 9:07:47 AM EDT
I saw one at the gun show and wondered if anyone has one they have used for a while.

Do they work well on a variety of blades?  I know they are probably not for serrated, but wondered if thicker blades (cleavers) or thin blades (fillet) cause problems.

It seems like a well built machine, but I want to know more.  I have a Lansky type with diamond stones and a good strop, but I am always looking for a good time saver that works well and doesn't ruin a good blade.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:04:50 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT - Has noone used one?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Post your question at swamprat.com. We discuss quite a few mechanical type sharpeners over there.

I don't recall anyone mentioning that brand name.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:52:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
BTT - Has noone used one?

I have one and i love it i honestly think its the best sharpener ever for someone whos not great on a stone.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought one about 2 months ago.

First - It sharpens a knife better than anything I have ever used.

Second - It will put horizontal scratches on the knife (parrallel to edge). I don't know for sure why it does this.  It my get a piece of metal dust on the surface of the vertical plastic guides and as you draw the knife back it scratches the side of the blade.

If you are sharpening a knife that you are at all concerned about its looks be extremely careful when using it.

Otherwise you can take an old dull knife and in minutes be shaving paper with it.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top