Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 1/27/2006 8:46:01 PM EDT
Looking for a good multitool to inclued into my firstline gear, Utility blades are less important than tools as I have plenty of blades jamed everywhere..............Udog
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:04:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I like my Gerber Multiplier 600. I also have a Gerber Legend 800 but the Multiplier 600 is a lot better.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:17:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:09:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Tom,
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:35:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:16:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I have always had good luck with the Leatherman line. I have never tried the other manufacturers.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I will soon be getting as letherman surge, or more likly a wave. I heard allot of good things about the swiss victorianox on lightfighter.net but i havent checked it out my self yet. good luck with your next purchase.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:43:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Just remember that Leathermen is an anti-gun company and a big Kerry supporter.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:46:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks Tom,

OK, In that case, IMHO the number one tool in a multi-tool is the pliers.  The other tools are used less fequently but their just in case temporary use does come in handy at times.

First let me quantify I have a number of these tools by different manufacturers.  The one I use most is the Leatherman Wave.  Its simply sturdier and doesn't pinch the shit out of your palm when the pliers slip off something.  The outside lock folding blades are real plus saving time and a few cuts by not having to open the tool to get to the blade, saw, file, etc and locking in place prevents them coming back on you.

Many will trash this opinion based on politics but then I prefer to buy the best tool for the job for if I let politics enter every decision I made, then I certainly wouldn't have anything in my house that was made in a communist country.

Tj

I second that.

But I still carry a SOG Powerplier.  Lot easier to get a good grip with the pliers and the one handed opening is a big plus.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#9]
leatherman wave is the best I've used.  Bought it before I knew about the anti-gun stuff.  Honestly though, I'd buy another one in a second if I didn't already have one.  I guess the "politics" behind buying a multi-tool are up to you.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:07:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Vice grips, 4 way screw driver, utility knife, C-4,  and bottle opener.  Spend the rest on ammo.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:53:44 AM EDT
[#11]
SOG
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:54:35 AM EDT
[#12]
leatherman wave
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Leatherman charge XTi.

I prefer a multitool that has the different bits that I can change out. That way I can have a 7/64 allen and a T15 torx bit in the tool for different scope rings, or a 1/4" flat blade for a front sight.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top