Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 1/23/2006 12:19:24 PM EDT
Hello, I am interested in buying the following knife from this vendor:

www.gpknives.com/item/Benchmade-943.html

I was wondering if GP Knives was a good source?  They seem like a great site, but the price seems so low it's almost hard to believe.

Also how is that model Benchmade?  They don't have the 942 which I would like the most so I'
ll have to settle for one of the other 940's.  Are they good knives?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:29:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I highly recommend Grand Prairie.  I've bought from them before, good people and great prices.  I've never owned that model Benchmade, but you probably can't go wrong with just about any Benchmade you choose.  

Welcome to ARFCOM
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Another question, why do most websites say that knife has:  "154CM Stainless (58-60 HRC)" while Benchmade's website say: " S30V Premium Stainless 58-60HRC"??
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Man, that is a pretty good price. I checked around, and that price is like $30-$40 bucks lower than everywhere else. I would order it if I were you. Can't go wrong with an axis lock Benchmade. I am not very familiar with the 943. Try checking www.bladeforums.com for a review. I have a model 710 that I am extremely pleased with. For that price, you really can't go wrong.

Here's a couple threads on bladeforums. You might have to register for an account to see these threads, but its simple and worth it if you are into knives:

www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376574&highlight=943

www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364526&highlight=943

www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323152&highlight=943

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:34:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I have dealt with Mike and his son at Grand Prairie many, many times. Mike will do you right, and works very hard to keep the latest knives in stock at great prices.

I cannot speak on the exact knife you are interested in, but have no qualms about dealing with them on anything sharp.

Check bladeforums for their reviews. They are highly regarded there.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#5]
After perusing their site because of this thread, I came across the Benchmade Nimravus for $80 bucks. I have never seen them priced this low. I know they started making them with aluminum handles, but I would rather have the G10. I went ahead and purchased one and it arrived within two days.  Excellent service, awesome prices. I found myself a new vendor. I will post pics of said blade in another thread soon.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:51:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
After perusing their site because of this thread, I came across the Benchmade Nimravus for $80 bucks. I have never seen them priced this low. I know they started making them with aluminum handles, but I would rather have the G10. I went ahead and purchased one and it arrived within two days.  Excellent service, awesome prices. I found myself a new vendor. I will post pics of said blade in another thread soon.

So don't you thik I deserve a cut of your savings??  

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:57:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So don't you thik I deserve a cut of your savings??  

Ha! I guess I should thank you. Also, check out the prices on their Griptillians, holy cow! Thats like 20-30 bucks cheaper than anywhere else! You're makin me spend waaay to much money!

Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top