Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 10/11/2005 6:28:16 PM EDT
Today was a great day:

At first the big brown truck came. And a few hours later the big white truck came.
Each dropped off a little box.

The first box contained a Buck 881SP Mini-Strider:

Blade Steel: ATS-34
Blade Length: 2 7/8"
Handle Material: G-10, reinforced with titanium liners

The second box contained a Strider PT:

Blade Steel: S30V
Blade Length: 2 13/16"
Handle Material: Titanium and G-10

I am very impressed with fit and finish of both knives. Also, both are ready to shave straight out of the box. The Buck/Strider is a beefy knife. With a surprisingly thick blade - 5mm. The Strider PT is a delicate knife compared to the Buck/Strider. (No, I am not smoking dope.) The Strider PT looks like a baby SnG. Don’t get me wrong, the PT is a 100% Strider, just in small.
The Buck/Strider is an excellent knife. Considering that I paid $92 for a new one, it could be considered a “Best Buy”.
The Strider PT is an outstanding knife. It is definitely in a class by itself. No, I do not regret having had to pay an “arm and a leg” for this knife.

Both knives are “keepers” in their own right.

Regards,
FRIZ
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top