Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2005 6:00:48 AM EDT
I recently did some trading and picked up a benchmade automatic knife, When i got the knife even though i got a pretty good trade for the knife, I noticed the blade when it flipped up was rather slow(spring) and also in the locking position the blade wobbled something fierce, Well i call Benchmade customer service and explained how i come about the knife and what was wrong with it and i was gonna ask about the price of sending it back in and getting it fixed. The lady i spoke with said send the knife in to us and we will fix it or replace it for free as the knife is lifetime guareenteed I said Holy Shizzel....Anyway i sent the knife in and know that benchmade will be my chioce in knives in the future.....
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:51:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Havnt had any CS experience yet with them but i love the knives.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I complained about a bent pocket clip, they sent a replacement to me no problem 5 days later.
On Benchmade's lifetime warranty, don't disassemble the knive, because if you it will void their warranty plus they will charge you to reassemble it. Besides if it works, don't f'ck with it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:45:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I snapped the tip off of an early AFCK. they sent me a new one for free.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:29:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I've put them to the test a couple of times. Both times the service was fantastic.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:13:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Sent my Mel Pardue auto back twice for sharpening over the last 10 years or so..always razor sharp and nicely oiled when it returns...also, loaned my auto to a co-worker (NEVER, NEVER loan a good knife out!!!) who promptly broke the tip off!  As the Pardue is no longer made, Benchmade said they would re-profile the blade and sharpen as needed.  Came back and I couldn't honestly tell the difference.  Had my CQC7 sharpened a couple time also.

A BIG +1 for Benchmade customer service....
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't you know how to sharpen your own blades?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:48:16 AM EDT
[#7]
As sharp as they do?  Nope, I sure don't.  I can put a "passable" edge on a blade, but never learned the finer points of sharpening....and, considering I see all the quality sharpening systems running for $75+, I can send my knives back to Benchmade for $5 many times over.....

My .02$.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top