Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 4:26:11 PM EDT
Hi,  I would likesome inputs on the RS.  It looks like a hunting/skinner type knife but with 1/4" thick blade would it be too thick to skin deer with?   Thanks
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:03:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not up to date on the Strider RS but Strider knives are top quality no doubt. I do feel they are EXTREEMLY OVER PRICED though!!!!!! You can find a combat or hunting/skinning knife that is equal or better then a Strider for 1/4 the price. Look around a little before you buy....lots of skinning knives to be had out there.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:25:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been wanting a Strider BAD, but with shooting in IPSC and 3 gun, all my money is going to match fees. Where is Santa in August??
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:12:51 PM EDT
[#3]
i wish i could afford a strider just for game skinning!!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:55:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish I could afford one too! I have a few friends that make hand made knives and I now make them too. There is no way Strider has $300-500+ into their knives. You can buy a nice hand gun or rifel for that and there is a lot more work to make a gun. It pisses me off when a manufacture charges several hundred dollars more for a knife then it costs for them to make it. They are ripping you off!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:54:19 AM EDT
[#5]
You guys got me thinking & yes $350 for a Strider RS is way too much for a hunting knife.  Thanks for your replies.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:04:31 AM EDT
[#6]
It is kind of frustrating.  I would have loved to get a nice Strider folder as well.  But $350 for a frigging knife is just too much.  I know they're beautifully made and tough as nails - that's why I'd love to have one - I just can't justify the expense.

Ended up ordering an nice Emerson on line.  Still kind of pricey, but cost me about 1/2 what a similar Strider would have.  I think Strider does have a line of knives they produce in conjunction with Buck that are cheaper.  Just don't know much about the quality.  Don't want an over-priced Buck with the Strider name on it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:05:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I paid $260 for my Strider BT w/serreted edge.  It is worth it IMO.  I sold an SKS and a few AR mags to raise the funds for it.  I don't miss the SKS at all.  

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:13:38 PM EDT
[#8]
$260 is a good price for that knife compaired to what Strider knives usually sell for! Still for that kind of money and usually twice that you think Strider could give you a real handel material like Micarta, G10 or Carbonfiber instead of some cheep 5 cent braded cord shit that wears out in a month and collects and holds moisture and dirt against the steel.

For the money and what you get for it, Strider is a huge let down and pure rip off in the world of combat knives. Sorry if I sound like I'm being hard on them but it's true.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:20:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got a Strider - it's nice, but I wouldn't pay for it. (I won it a few years back)  I've got several of the Buck/Strider collaboration knives - they are worth every penny! buy with confidence......Then again, if you are just looking for hunting/skinning game knives, just buy a Buck!!!!!  all I've ever used since I was a kid.......can't go wrong.......
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top