Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 3/16/2005 3:47:46 PM EDT
I'm having a dilema. I LOVE the Emerson CQC-11. I got to "play" with one at a knife show about 3 weeks ago and it seemed like a very nice knife. I REALLY want to get one. However, I keep hearing really bad things about Emerson knives like the locks failing, the screws coming loose really easily, the blade scraping the side of the knife when opening it, etc. I know I posted a thread a while ago asking you guys about Emerson QC, which is suppost to be very good. But has anyone heard anything about Emerson trying to actually fix these problems before the knife leaves the shop, or are they just fixing them as people send them in for repair? Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:30:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody knows or has any opinions?
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 8:53:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I do if noone else does.

EKIs QC is better today then it has since they opened shop and the CQC11 is one of the top thre knives they make right now, in my opinion.

Yes, there was "problems" with Pivots backing out, in like 2000.  Then EKI did what most of the other manufacturers do . . . they used a dab of Locktite and the problem went away.

I have seen individual knives that rubbed the liner, but its an easy tweek to fix it if it occures.

I'd suggest you buy and try for yourself.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 2:16:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I have to agree with JohnHollister, I've been carrying my Commander as a duty EDC for close 4 years now.    I've never had any QC problems with the few Emersons I own...but I will say they have some of the best customer service.  I sent my Commander back for a  refinish/sharpening...quick turn-around (much better than Benchmade).

Of course the only issue is buying on-line verse in a shop...in a shop you can check it out.  Most reputable internet dealers would be more than willing to check or exchange for you...I wouldn't fear buying an Emerson on-line...and the chances of a QC issue is no different than any of the other knife manufacturers out there.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 5:59:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I had the problem with the screws coming loose and the blade scratching the sides of the handles on  a '99 commander...a dab of loc-tite fixed it...its a DAMN good knife....I also carry a Benchmade 5000 auto...which IMHO is one of the best made auto knives out there right and the waved commander smokes it every time on presentation.  

EKI iz teh g00d
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top