Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 10/8/2004 5:14:22 AM EDT
I have a Buck folder which I carry daily and to which I am very partial. I would like to add a thumb stud to allow one handed opening. A while back I saw in a catalog an add-on thumb stud that locked into the nail groove. Now, of course, I can't find the source. Google, Altavista and Dogpile came up dry. Any referral to such a source would be most appreciated.
TIA
DFB
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:04:29 PM EDT
[#1]
There was at one time a item called a FLICKET that you mounted on non thumb openers [pre-spyderco] .But I don't think it still made, one thing you might try is a Marlin hammer extendtion.I don't know if a Buck 110 blade is thick enoght for the extenion to work.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:59:53 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.eknifeworks.com/webapp/eCommerce/product.jsp?Mode=Text&SearchText=thumb+stud&Search.x=10&Search.y=12&Search=1&SKU=MI129
There you go.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:17:24 AM EDT
[#3]
StonerStudent..
Thanks for the suggestion. The blade is pretty thin compared to the marlin hammer. I appreciate the thought and your effort though.

Shag633..
That's the thing! Many thanks! I must have looked at 100 sites and didn't find that one.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top