Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 8:21:35 AM EDT
What do you guys think?  Should I use this or should I put it in a display case?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:27:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I got the 5.5" version this past week, here's my take:

Once you pick it up, you can tell that it is meant to be used... that said, mine is hanging on my pistol belt.  I haven't used it yet, but the little note in the box about sending it back for refinishing and such (for a nominal fee, of course) pushed me over the edge.

-Randy
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:00:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I would use it if it was the Green Beret knife, but this one is the one that was issued to me after I finished the SFQC, not the one you can buy.  I'm leaning towards using it, but I haven't made up my mind yet.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:15:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Use it... My Sebenza is my everyday carry....
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:02:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Use it, it is made by professionals, for professionals. I have a Breitling that I wear every day, not just for special occasions. Why have it sitting around looking pretty, the beauty of it is in it's functionality and use.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:16:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Let me start out by saying that I am all for using equipment for what it's meant for, but as far as the Yarborough goes, I would hate to lose it or have something stupid happen to it.  I really like the knife, but because of the special serial # I think I will use something else downrange.  If I had the money, I might be tempted to buy a second (but until uncle Sam decides to give me more propay I'll have to stick w/ something cheaper).  Just my 2 cents.

==>john  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:16:44 PM EDT
[#6]
When I first read this post, I didn't realize you had passed the 'Q' course and issued the knife... If it were me, and had the money, I would buy the civie version and keep the Yarborough as a keepsake..

Congrats on making it into SF!

Dave
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:45:33 AM EDT
[#7]
That knife is so sexy I'd hate to get it scratched up, but it IS meant to be used, so I really can't help ya lol.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:18:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
When I first read this post, I didn't realize you had passed the 'Q' course and issued the knife... If it were me, and had the money, I would buy the civie version and keep the Yarborough as a keepsake..

Dave

I agree, buy a second one and Keep the one you earned for display. That is something to be very proud of.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:20:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Dave

+2
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top