Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 4:48:02 PM EDT
I have a Benchmade 3550-SBT Mel Perdue Automatic and the spring broke. I tried to fix it myself and that was not a good idea. I lost the ball bearing in the safety lock and need a new spring aswell.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Just call Benchmade and tell them you need to send it in for repair.  They will give you an RMA# to send it back.  Put it in a package with a check for $5.00 and they will take care of you.  I sent one back because the pocket clip on one of mine got tore off completely pulling the allen screws out and screwing up the threads (long story).  I called and they said send it back.  I did and it was returned three weeks later with a brand new handle and all cleaned up and sharpened they even buffed some of the scratches off the blade and oiled it.  I had to rub it in my buddies face who makes fun of me for buying $100+ dollar knifes, but that is the reason why.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#2]
You may have problems sending it in because it's an auto.  I used to work at a store that sold these things and the only way for our non-LE or non-military customers to get warranty work was to have us ship it in for them.

Call ahead to make sure what their policy is now.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:52:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
for our non-LE or non-military customers

Didn't think about that part.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:27:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm military, thats why they sold it to me.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm military, thats why they sold it to me.

Shouldn't have any problem then.  I suspect that the law in Florida is quite a bit more lax than the one in Cali when it comes to autos.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:10:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Am leaving soon, going back to VA. Will get it fixed when I get there. Besides what Cali don't know won't hurt them. I don't advertise my knife anyway.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:53:03 AM EDT
[#7]
a littlew off topic but I have a question regarding the 3550.

I just got the 9050, and while I love the thing, it is a bigger knife that I would carry everyday.

Is the 3550 a smaller version, and what review would you give it with respect to size, functionality etc.?

I guess the reliability aspect is somewhat questionable, or did you damage it somehow?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:44:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
a littlew off topic but I have a question regarding the 3550.

I just got the 9050, and while I love the thing, it is a bigger knife that I would carry everyday.

Is the 3550 a smaller version, and what review would you give it with respect to size, functionality etc.?

I guess the reliability aspect is somewhat questionable, or did you damage it somehow?

Thanks

I have the model prior, the 3500.  I like it much better than the newer 3550.  It's slimmer than the newer model.  I can only imagine that they made it thicker due to some sort of problem with the 3500, but it might have been a manufacturing issue.  I carry mine inside my wasteband when I can't carry a gun and have on nice pants.  The thin profile comes in handy in those situations.  I have had mine for at least 5 years and have had zero problems with it.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top