Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2004 8:47:24 PM EDT
Looking to upgrade from my spyderco endura?  This will be an EDC knife for day to day work and backup to my HK compact?  Any suggestions.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 1:16:27 PM EDT
[#1]
brantley...

Chris reeve sebenza...all the way.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 1:39:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the Benchmade 530 for EDC.  It's really light and thin, and it's only $60, so you can actually use it every day.  Sebenzas are better, but if you lose it, you're out $300.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#3]
This one:  www.blade-tech.com/frontend?command=ProductMatrix&iProductId=5532&iSectionId=999
S30V blade (the best stainless today), the best handles (G10 scales with full stainless lining), the most useful shape and length for me compared to al other knives I own.  Look around for a better price.  I got one for about $105.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 5:55:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This one:  www.blade-tech.com/frontend?command=ProductMatrix&iProductId=5532&iSectionId=999
S30V blade (the best stainless today), the best handles (G10 scales with full stainless lining), the most useful shape and length for me compared to al other knives I own.  Look around for a better price.  I got one for about $105.  www.blade-tech.com/multimedia/multimedia_5535_1077401176644.jpg

It looks like it can be converted for tip-up carry.  If it is, I'm getting one.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:32:19 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are serious about using it as a back up weapon, skip the folder and get a good fixed blade.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:49:57 PM EDT
[#6]

If you are serious about using it as a back up weapon, skip the folder and get a good fixed blade.

I bought a Spyderco Fred Perrin Bowie for exactly this reason.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:40:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I bought a Spyderco Fred Perrin Bowie for exactly this reason.

Cool.

I carry an array of fixed blades as dedicated weapons. SOG Pentagon and Mini Tsunami, Greco Whisper, and most often a CRKT Hissatsu.

When used with skill, a 5-7" fixed blade is a devastating close quarters weapon.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:38:11 PM EDT
[#8]
The best...hmmm...very subjective. There are so many great knives out there -- Spydercos, various BMs, the customs. It really is a matter of just finding which one YOU   like best. I seriously do not think you're going to go wrong with any of the reputable makers. Personally, I think I've found my new SERE 2000 to fit the bill for me. Whatever you choose, good luck!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:35:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Strider SMF.

Arguably just as strong as a fixed blade when open.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top