Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 10/18/2003 4:38:35 PM EDT
I forged this knife from 5160 carbon steel.  The blade is distal tapered from the ricasso and has been edge quenched and triple tempered.  The spine and choil are rounded for comfort when choking up on the blade or pressing down on the spine.  Fittings are brass and nickel-silver.  The golden colored spacer is butterscotch micarta and the handle is made from buffalo horn with a nickel-silver butt cap.  The cutting edge is 4.25" and the OAL is 9.50".  The sheath is by master leather craftsman, Martin "Sandy" Morrissey, of Blairsville, GA.

Link Posted: 10/18/2003 8:22:47 PM EDT
[#1]
WOW, very nice!!

Do you post on BladeForums.com?
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 6:18:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Ain't Sandy's work great?

And your knive is PDG too.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 7:58:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Crookshanks, thanks for the compliment.  I post under the same name on BladeForums, although I do not post very frequently.  I do not post pictures of my blades there since my photo hosting is here and I do not want to eat up AR15 bandwidth.  Besides, I have this serious gun habit forcing me to buy, sell and trade here!

Sig, thanks also.  Yes, Sandy's work is superb.  My other sheath maker retired and fortunately, Sandy took me on as a customer.  I just got three knives back from Sandy and hope to get them all posted today or tomorrow.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top