Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 5/14/2003 7:09:51 PM EDT
I recently was able to speak with a man who really needs no introduction,- Bill Bagwell. Bill Bagwell for those who don't know is a legend in the knife world, he has been making knives for 30+ years and is one of the founders of the American Bladesmithing School. He has written books and taught many the art of the American fighting bowie, a knife he crafts like no one else. I have purchased some production versions of his designs from Ontario knives but I felt it was time for a custom.
I have heard that his waiting list for a knife was in excess of 5yrs and that he doesn't really like making knives any more. I can say after speaking to him that both statements are 100% FALSE.
Bill was one nicest most personable people I have ever spoken to, after a 20minute conversation I felt I have known him for 20 years. He has a passion for what he does and like a tailor he wanted to craft a knife that would fit me like a suit. He asked for my measurements, (pants, shirt, boot size etc.) this was to make sure that the knife would be concealible but comfortable, for my size and stature. This while it seems a bit much, just showed me he didn't want to sell me a knife that wouldn't fit. He doesn't make drop point skinners or hunting/ field knives, he makes fighting bowies and if you’re in the market for one you might want to consider going to the master.
The current wait list is 14 months, and it is well worth the wait and the price ($1050) for a knife made one at a time, for you, by a legend.

903-926-7208
Po Box 144 Woodlawn TX 75694  
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top