Yes sir I like that.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:59:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:24:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:14:12 PM EDT
[#4]
154cm blade is easy to re sharpen, good corrosion resistance to. The g10 handle looks great but I'm not a fan of tanto style blades, a drop point with no serrations fits my preference. Really cool looking knife though, I love black blades.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:12:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Nifty, but well out of my price range for a EDC knife.  I like it though. Would love to see a review.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#6]
That's sexy looking.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:53:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I like it.

Looks a LOT like a few of my other Emerson knives, minus the BCM stamp.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 3:21:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Very cool
I want one

Cheers
Shannon
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 3:51:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't stand the single sided grind Emerson puts on their knives and I would expect better steel at that price point. It does look pretty cool and has two "cool guy" brand names on it so it'll probably sell out.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:18:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Come on guys-you had me till price
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:25:29 PM EDT
[#11]
$230 for 145cm steel?  Nope, not for me.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:10:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:42:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Does it attach to my hand guard or something?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:58:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stickman] [#14]
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:53:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Stickman:

Sure...  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AmericanSoldier1989:
Does it attach to my hand guard or something?

Sure...  

Keymod bayonet, fuckin' A!

'Merica
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:07:56 AM EDT
[#16]
The price point is too high. Of it were completely hand made, that would be one thing. This definitely isn't. Still nice, but not 230$ nice.

What happened to American made goods being affordable? It seems like people charge 10x more just to put made in USA on it. Then, you have to trust whatever schmuck was working that day did a good job, hope he isn't union and over paid. This is a fucking problem.

I'll stick with my affordable Kabars and OKC knives.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:47:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:07:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M4] [#18]
Looks like a slightly modified Emerson CQC7-BW-BT Jungle Tactical

But costs more due to "Limited Edition/Numbered" status and the BCM stamp.

Now if they just blasted "GUNFIGHTER" on the other side it'd make a great "Limited Edition" pair with the BCM GUNFIGHTER 1911.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:15:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Meh
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:47:09 AM EDT
[#20]
How limited??
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:53:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: castiel] [#21]
Not a fan. Expensive for what it is (the BCM and Emerson logos must cost a lot to make ), a useless tanto blade, and an ugly super high-ride pocket clip.

Make it < $200, a drop point blade, and a deep carry pocket clip and it would actually be useful.

Actually if the "BCM" was in size 14 font instead of size 72 it might reduce the cost by 50%!
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:13:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By castiel:
Not a fan. Expensive for what it is (the BCM and Emerson logos must cost a lot to make ), a useless tanto blade, and an ugly super high-ride pocket clip.

Make it < $200, a drop point blade, and a deep carry pocket clip and it would actually be useful.

Actually if the "BCM" was in size 14 font instead of size 72 it might reduce the cost by 50%!
View Quote

MorganFreemanmeme.jpg
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:22:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By castiel:  Not a fan. Expensive for what it is (the BCM and Emerson logos must cost a lot to make ), a useless tanto blade, and an ugly super high-ride pocket clip.

View Quote

Not completely useless.  We happen to have weird knife laws that outlaw Bowie knives.  Jim Bowie never saw a tanto point in his life.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 5:01:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Don't bother, the bulk of these posts are people unhappy because they don't like the price or design, which is what most posts in this section turn into.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:
Originally Posted By castiel:  Not a fan. Expensive for what it is (the BCM and Emerson logos must cost a lot to make ), a useless tanto blade, and an ugly super high-ride pocket clip.

Not completely useless.  We happen to have weird knife laws that outlaw Bowie knives.  Jim Bowie never saw a tanto point in his life.

Don't bother, the bulk of these posts are people unhappy because they don't like the price or design, which is what most posts in this section turn into.

Constructive criticism. Some people will pay buckets of money simply because things have popular brand or logo recognition and some people will actually provide feedback on how to make something better and more appealing to a wider audience.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 5:30:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4] [#26]

View All Quotes

For me personally, I like the design. I own several Emerson's that are very similar to that BCM knife.

My only issue is that there's nothing about it that is SO different then other Emerson models that it requires "Limited Edition" status/pricing. The only thing truly limited about it is likely the availability of an Emerson with "BCM" printed on it. Beyond that, it's about the same as others widely available.

Its a nice folder. Solid manufacturer. Priced too high for something not all that unique.

I'm sincerely surprised the other side of the blade doesn't say "GUNFIGHTER" on it.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By M4:

For me personally, I like the design. I own several Emerson's that are very similar to that BCM knife.

My only issue is that there's nothing about it that is SO different then other Emerson models that it requires "Limited Edition" status/pricing. The only thing truly limited about it is likely the availability of an Emerson with "BCM" printed on it. Beyond that, it's about the same as others widely available.

Its a nice folder. Solid manufacturer. Priced too high for something not all that unique.

I'm sincerely surprised the other side of the blade doesn't say "GUNFIGHTER" on it.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M4:

That. And also the fact that it's not an AR product. It's a knife that belongs in the blade section.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 3:19:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lennyo3034] [#28]
Originally Posted By 762AR556:
The price point is too high. Of it were completely hand made, that would be one thing. This definitely isn't. Still nice, but not 230$ nice.

What happened to American made goods being affordable? It seems like people charge 10x more just to put made in USA on it. Then, you have to trust whatever schmuck was working that day did a good job, hope he isn't union and over paid. This is a fucking problem.

I'll stick with my affordable Kabars and OKC knives.
View Quote

$230 is falling a bit short for a quality handmade knife, no matter where it's made.

I think they picked a good price point as I'm much more likely to buy a $230 knife than a $3300 1911. Actually the Sebenza in my pocket right now costs about double the BCM.

However the Emerson knives I've handled haven't impressed me in terms of quality, and Emerson themselves state fit and finish is not a primary concern. Finish doesn't matter to me, but fit absolutely does. It affects how solid the knife is in general. Nor has 154CM no matter the manufacturer. In this day and age, they could have used at least CPM 154, which is a considerable step up in performance.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 4:55:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stickman] [#29]
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 8:04:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Emerson is a great knife maker and if this knife is anything like the other Emerson knives that I own, it's built like a tank. A true "Hard Use" knife. I love my Sebenzas but, my EDC is an Emerson.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 10:09:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:42:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Have a pic of how it locks and unlocks?
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 10:22:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4] [#33]

Originally Posted By AR15JoeL:

View Quote

It's a basic and reliable liner lock, like those found on many Emerson, Benchmade, CRKT and other folders.

On this model of Emerson in the OP as well as on several other Emerson knives in this line, I've always liked the circular, textured open assist design. I find it slightly easier and faster then a more prong style. Emerson knives however are very utilitarian in their design, which is why I own several. As such, the action on them is stiffer and far less smooth and ballbearing-like as my Benchmade 940 Osborne...so opening and closing in general are not super fast.

Fast enough but it's built like a tank with sheer utility without speed in mind.

Link Posted: 7/15/2015 12:18:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By M4:

It's a basic and reliable liner lock, like those found on many Emerson, Benchmade, CRKT and other folders.

On this model of Emerson in the OP as well as on several other Emerson knives in this line, I've always liked the circular, textured open assist design. I find it slightly easier and faster then a more prong style. Emerson knives however are very utilitarian in their design, which is why I own several. As such, the action on them is stiffer and far less smooth and ballbearing-like as my Benchmade 940 Osborn...so opening and closing in general are not super fast.

Fast enough but it's built like a tank with sheer utility without speed in mind.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M4:
Originally Posted By AR15JoeL:

On this model of Emerson in the OP as well as on several other Emerson knives in this line, I've always liked the circular, textured open assist design. I find it slightly easier and faster then a more prong style. Emerson knives however are very utilitarian in their design, which is why I own several. As such, the action on them is stiffer and far less smooth and ballbearing-like as my Benchmade 940 Osborn...so opening and closing in general are not super fast.

Thanks for the info
Joe
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 7:46:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Too expensive for my tastes, and I'd probably end up loosing it.

Plus $230 is a case of 9mm. Very good looking knife though!
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:40:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gazorpazorp] [#36]
The billboard is ugly, it's too expensive for what it is, and tanto knives are pointless unless you are literally stabbing through soft armor on the regs.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 3:05:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Looks nice. I'm always in the market for a good folder.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:31:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brutus2] [#38]
To be fair to BCM about the price...the exact Emerson version of this knife is priced for exactly the same price off the Emerson site.  So the massive BCM logo is FREE! Now your purse can match your shoes at no extra cost
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 9:10:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By coolstuff:
$230 for 145cm steel?  Nope, not for me.
View Quote
Yeah, 154 doesnt hold an edge or demand that kind of money.  Great looking knife, sans the billboard.

I remember when you guys didnt plaster your name on everything, your products looked much better.  I stopped buying bcm when you started that mess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top