Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 8/23/2017 4:48:17 PM EDT
Where does everyone buy the cheapest 50 BMG reloading components?  
-Powder
-Primers
-Hornady A-Max bullets

I have a bunch of once fired federal brass.  Can I just reload those?

Thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:26:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Brand new 50 is about $2 each now.

I lol at reloading them at that price.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're loading Amax I'll assume that you are looking for accuracy.  The military surplus powders are inexpensive compared to, say, H50BMG but they will not make you happy on paper.  As for primers, there is no inexpensive way of obtaining them short of finding them at a yard sale where a woman is selling off her dead husband's gun stuff and has no idea what they are worth.  I load mostly milsurp API's, AP's, ST's and M-33 ball.  I don't expect much in the accuracy dept. and I get what i pay for.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:57:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 8:00:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Reloading is about liking to reload as well as saving money.  Reloading 50 is cost effective if you get good pricing on componets.  I am loading with 25 cent primers, 18 cent APIs and wc867 powder that cost me 19 cents per 210 gr.  Can't shoot that everywhere but I have another 500 S.A. 690 gr ball at 55 cents each.  The real problem reloading today is the price of the bullets is so high due to lack of pulls and maybe lack of pull down powder.  However assuming you have brass you can load a very accurate ball type load with Lehigh solid ball ($1.20 ea) 240 gr h50bmg (85 cents) and 35 cents for a cci primer.  2.40 each and they will make you happier with your target.  Buying factory new at $2 a pop is a no brainer for ringing closer steel and general blasting.  50 components deals do pop up and it's worth keeping an eye out.  Wideners blew out their hazmat required reloading components last winter or spring and had awesome deals on 50 primers and rl50 powder.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 11:40:50 PM EDT
[#5]
After my shooting season is over I will inventory what I have on hand. I know I should have 160+ pcs of Barnes Long Range Solids that have been coated with Tungsten DiSulfide (very, very slippery substance, even more so than Moly), and maybe some South African Ball which I have not used since switching to brass solids (808 grain).
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:22:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Are you guys still finding .50 for 2$ a round? Where?
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you guys still finding .50 for 2$ a round? Where?
View Quote
im seeing it for $3 now.   5 or 6 listings down.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top