BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2016 4:01:59 PM EDT
Gun only I mean.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 4:28:21 PM EDT
[#1]
At one point, yes - you could buy a Watson's Weapons screw-bolt .50 upper for around $900 and mount it to your own lower.  Looks like they're up to $1095 these days, though.

Might be able to find one used for less than that, though.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 5:07:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 5:34:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That was the introductory price - went up to $1199 on Feb. 15th, according to serbu's website.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 5:38:18 PM EDT
[#4]

That is FUNKY looking!
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 10:52:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I never really wanted a 50 but if I can get one under $1000 I may be interested.
Mainly just because it's one of the guns that piss liberals off. Seriously, I would be okay with some plumbing equipment welded together if it was safe and cheap enough.
Some guys want a 50 because it can shoot extreme ranges, I just want one to make a big boom and make some liberal blood boil.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:46:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Look for a used Serbu BFG-50. I'very seen used ones for right at $1000, or just a hair over.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:14:18 AM EDT
[#7]
It's like everything else, you'll just want another one.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 9:09:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Look for a used Serbu BFG-50. I'very seen used ones for right at $1000, or just a hair over.
View Quote

Thanks. I'm not lucking out on arms list yet
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#9]

If you get this, I have a sweet PRS stock to tame the recoil. Used it with a safety harbors upper. Very thick butt pad to save your shoulder. In the EE section under rifles acc.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I would be okay with some plumbing equipment welded together if it was safe and cheap enough.
View Quote

If that's what you want, there is a used Vulcan up for sale on GB right now.  As of right now, it's well under your limit.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If that's what you want, there is a used Vulcan up for sale on GB right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would be okay with some plumbing equipment welded together if it was safe and cheap enough.

If that's what you want, there is a used Vulcan up for sale on GB right now.

I'd recommend he save some money and upgrade to the plumbing parts
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:21:29 PM EDT
[#12]
He said safe.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Lol anyone here want to sell me their old serbu or similar??
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 4:46:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Put out WTB ads on subguns and sturm as well as here.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 11:29:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Will do. I'm a lawyer and occasionally do NFA trusts for people. New goal: gear that up a notch and use the proceeds to build the rifle.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#16]
SHTF single shot uppers are 1450 new. You should be able to get one close to your budget used.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 1:44:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
SHTF single shot uppers are 1450 new. You should be able to get one close to your budget used.
View Quote

Thanks. I am trying something odd - crowdfunding a 50.... We shall see if it works.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 10:57:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Fractional 50 BMG ownership...hummm...interesting concept.  If it works for yachts and jets, maybe for high end rifles too.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:31:29 PM EDT
[#19]
crowdfunding?

Is that like buying one with your brother or something?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
crowdfunding?

Is that like buying one with your brother or something?
View Quote

No, it's where you ask a bunch of people to give you money to do something.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:04:25 AM EDT
[#21]
My first 50BMG ownership was a 50% deal which did not end well. The other 50% owner shot all kinds of crap surplus that damaged the barrel and shot so much of it at one time that the rifling was severely damaged due to heat.

I sold my 50% as soon as I could, and bought my own AR-50 which I still own and use for FCSA Match Competitions, and occasionally for Rock-Busting.

I am making a barrel nut (Savage style) which will allow for easy switching of barrels, one with a Match 0.554" neck, and the other with a Mil-Spec 0.562" neck. That way I can save my Match barrel for Match use only and use the Mil-Spec barrel for Rock-Busting and other fun stuff.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My first 50BMG ownership was a 50% deal which did not end well. The other 50% owner shot all kinds of crap surplus that damaged the barrel and shot so much of it at one time that the rifling was severely damaged due to heat.

I sold my 50% as soon as I could, and bought my own AR-50 which I still own and use for FCSA Match Competitions, and occasionally for Rock-Busting.

I am making a barrel nut (Savage style) which will allow for easy switching of barrels, one with a Match 0.554" neck, and the other with a Mil-Spec 0.562" neck. That way I can save my Match barrel for Match use only and use the Mil-Spec barrel for Rock-Busting and other fun stuff.
View Quote

You should have a second gun anyway ;)
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sold my second gun - the State Arms Shorty - to purchase more food for the AR-50. These things are like teenagers, always hungry!!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:42:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Just sold my second gun - the State Arms Shorty - to purchase more food for the AR-50. These things are like teenagers, always hungry!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still have that 8 lb jug of H50BMG for sale oldman since your feeding. Primed brass too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:47:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Can't - got hit hard by taxes.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:10:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Can't - got hit hard by taxes.
View Quote

I hear that...gotta pay for the FSA (free shit army)
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:45:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Wanted to bump this, as I am a step closer to my goal. I was able to secure a Desert Eagle for a verrrry good deal. Should provide the trade or sale value to get my 50
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top