Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 10/26/2002 8:38:05 PM EDT
Hi,
I am new to the 50 BMG rifles and I am thinking about getting a AMAC 5100 or Barrett M99. Can you tell me your opinions on these rifles. Pros, Cons, likes & dis-likes. Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,
TK
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Trench if you were in Camden this weekend I would have gladly let you fire my 5100, I had plenty of extra ammo...but to answer your question, the Barrett is an excellent weapon but I like mine better...
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 4:20:50 AM EDT
[#2]
The biggest difference in the two is the action, one is a "shell holder" (AMAC) and the other is a true "bolt action" (M99).

Other then that they are probably the same accuracy wise and they both cost about the same.

If you don't know what a "shell holder" is, basically you remove the bolt from the gun, place a round on it and the place the bolt with round back into the gun.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 9:24:19 AM EDT
[#3]
have shot both, own the AMAC, I think it is the better weapon, more durable.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 6:17:56 AM EDT
[#4]
all i can tell you is what ive been told by others   any single shot bmg is great for accuracy and usually more durable   I plan on getting the barrett model 99 also  ive been told its a very relible gun  

you can ask more questions at  talk.shooters.com

regester  its free  go to firearms/airguns and ask anything you want  you will get answers from many people from all around the world
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 6:17:03 AM EDT
[#5]
You can't go wrong with either of these fine weapons . I purchased an AMAC from Kent Lomont about 6 months ago and have been very happy with it. The craftsmanship is excellent and the rifle shoots much better than I will ever be able to. The only dislike is the handgrips and the adjustable cheekpiece which is a little high for a good weld . I fixed both of those with a little shop time and some fine walnut , very easy to do. Other than those little nitpickings the rifle is fantastic, good luck on your choice.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top