Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 11/27/2011 11:06:36 AM EDT
I am the owner of a fairly early production State Arms Rebel.

The original thumbhole design stock (Walnut) has never been the most comfortable...and it is starting to crach around the grip and rear of the action.
I'm looking for a new stock, but have not been able to handle any rifles that have their newer design laminate stocks OR the aluminum "tactical" stock.

I'm wondering if anyone has handled both and has any input as to which is a more comfortable way to go.
I like the option of the monopod for the aluminum stock, but the looks of the laminates has my heart.

Anyone?
Anyone with a take-off they want to part with?

-Brett in WA
Link Posted: 11/27/2011 4:33:04 PM EDT
[#1]
When I was at Larry's shop picking out a stock he said to stay away from the walnut for just that reason.  I liked the look but went with a laminate for the look and durability. For what is worth i went with black and green.
Link Posted: 11/27/2011 9:44:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am the owner of a fairly early production State Arms Rebel.

The original thumbhole design stock (Walnut) has never been the most comfortable...and it is starting to crach around the grip and rear of the action.
I'm looking for a new stock, but have not been able to handle any rifles that have their newer design laminate stocks OR the aluminum "tactical" stock.

I'm wondering if anyone has handled both and has any input as to which is a more comfortable way to go.
I like the option of the monopod for the aluminum stock, but the looks of the laminates has my heart.

Anyone?
Anyone with a take-off they want to part with?

-Brett in WA

I have the 1st State Arms Light Weight Competitor model made with a tactical stock, and have six more of the Aluminum Tactical stocks and a Laminate stock and a Walnut thumbhole stock. I love the looks of the wood stocks but like to shoot the tactical stock.  The Tactical stock when adjusted right is much more comfortable to shoot then the wood stock for me. I have shot the tactical stocks in 1000 yard matches and have shot 4-5 inch groups at 1000 yards with the Alluminum stocks. The State Arms bipod and monopod set up on the Tactical stocks are ROCK SOLID. I set a World Record shooting prone with that setup at Quantico Marine Base.
Everyone likes different stuff, that is what I like.
Ed

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 6:32:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive had two State Arms 50s. The last one I had shipped to Mcmillan and inletted for the big mac stock. Looked great and was comfortable.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:32:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I liked the aluminum stock from State Arms when I owned one.  Nice and adjustable.  Only complaint is you better have plenty of loctite.  Lots of screws to vibrate out of that aluminum tuning fork!

-David
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:14:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top