Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2010 3:29:01 PM EDT
1) Bipods, Looked at the GG&G, Harris, APA, and can't find a price on it yet the LRA Snipers Choice. Are there any others worth considering?

2/3) Getting a Ultralite 50(similar to the SH BMG upper), and I believe that it has a 20moa riser on it, is that correct? With that rise what height rings should I be looking at for shooting out to 1000yards? (The rings I'm looking at are offered in LOW(.925"), Med(1.075"), HIGH(1.225"), and X-HIGH(1.4"))

Thanks for all the help, you guys have helped this project take shape, and I really appreciate it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:39:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't give advice on the bipod.   As for the rings, you need to match them up to your scope to ensure the bell clears the rifle.  
cc
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Rings have no real issue with shooting out to 1000 yrds. That is all determined by rise on the scope rail and how much adjustment you have on your scopes elevation. I would think that 20 MOA will work out to 1K yrds. As noted by Dublin, You want scope rings that will do two things for you. First and most important is that you scopes bell is off of the scope mounting rail. And higher if that is more comfortable to you for shooting. But note, the higher you go, the more the scope is exposed to being hit. Whipped around and I am not sure, but will have some effect on bullet impact as far as your elevation adjustment. I cant put my finger on it at this hour and a cup of soda and rum leaves me a wee bit unable to articulate the concept.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:03:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I appreciate the inebriated attempt sir,

I actually prefer scopes to be low, I'm getting the SS10x42 so I think the scope bell will clear everything with the 20moa riser alone, so maybe low rings? or go medium just to be safe?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 5:03:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's a link to help you determine your ring height.  

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1433025#Post1433025

Cheers,
cc
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top