Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 12/17/2009 5:46:07 PM EDT
We just picked up a 50 caliber BMG rifle and would like to start reloading.  Can someone help me out on getting set up for this.  I need a simple press and die's.  Where do I find bullets, primers and powder?  Any help would be great.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 5:56:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm using a RCBS press, got in as their "50 bmg kit" they have dies with it as well. Also using a Hornady powder measure. Very satisfied with the setup so far, but have only loaded about 50 rounds, which worked great. I have since purchased a lee? crimp die, since the rcbs pack didnt include one.

For components try www.hi-techammo.com

Have a Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:55:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, you said simple. Simple and cheap would be a Lee Classical cast press and die set in a kit. About 180 bucks last I looked. Good press I have one and I am happy with it. Now I will tell you that it is about  300 buck cheaper than RCBS or Hornady press. And it uses the 1.24 X 14 TPI. Now this is not compatible with any of the RCBS or Hornady dies. And no one that I know of 3rd party makes dies or bullet pullers. Although there is a cheaper work around for pulling bullets with the LEE press. So it is cheaper, but do not plan to buy anything from CH4D or any of the other 3rd party manufactures.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Lee 50 BMG kit will get you going for Press, dies, & priming.

Then you need a 50 BMG Chamfer/Deburr tool.  Check Midwayusa.com

You also need a case trimmer.  The K&M Case trimmer is inexpensive and precise...it's what I use.  Google it.

Lastly, you'll need a powder measure and scale.  I suggest an RCBS Chargemaster 1500.  That's what I use.

For about $600 or so in equipment you can be in business.

-David
Edgewood, NM
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 9:27:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I think you all have me heading in the right direction.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 2:00:54 AM EDT
[#5]
this is what i use

On Sale
Lee BMG Press
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top