Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 6/14/2009 7:37:23 PM EDT
Alright, looks like I'll be pulling the trigger on a BA 50 tomorrow or the next day.  I'm undecided on glass for now, but I'll probably go with a SS for a while.  When thinking about optics I realized that BUIS were not included with the BA 50 from the factory.  Anyone have any suggestions for irons on a .50?  Thanks in advance.

-Dallas
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:22:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Alright, looks like I'll be pulling the trigger on a BA 50 tomorrow or the next day.  I'm undecided on glass for now, but I'll probably go with a SS for a while.  When thinking about optics I realized that BUIS were not included with the BA 50 from the factory.  Anyone have any suggestions for irons on a .50?  Thanks in advance.

-Dallas

Why?  Are you going into combat?

-David
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:51:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm just going to use buis from an AR.

I don't have my optics set up yet.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:37:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Dallas

Why?  Are you going into combat?

-David

Not planning on it.  However, sometimes I like to shoot "long distance" (300 yds or so) with irons.  Seems like a pretty decent reason to me.  Now, suggestions?  Will AR style irons work?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#4]
A robust set of AR irons will work fine...it's a flat rail on the BA50...hell a BUIS front sight and an AR carryhandle should even work fine.

I shoot plenty of irons out to 600 yards...but with a Service Rifle AR or a FAL, not with a 50 BMG at $3-$5/shot.

-David
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A robust set of AR irons will work fine...it's a flat rail on the BA50...hell a BUIS front sight and an AR carryhandle should even work fine.

I shoot plenty of irons out to 600 yards...but with a Service Rifle AR or a FAL, not with a 50 BMG at $3-$5/shot.

-David

Thanks for the input, David.  I just sent off my MO.  My first .50 should be here Friday!!!!  
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top