Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 3/22/2009 11:52:27 AM EDT
I'm looking at buying a AR50 and i shoot left handed but I would like to know if I could put a right handed shock on it so others could shoot it from time to time.

Thanks
JCM
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 1:19:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm looking at buying a AR50 and i shoot left handed but I would like to know if I could put a right handed shock on it so others could shoot it from time to time.

Thanks
JCM

First of all, good luck finding a lefty AR-50.  They're rare as hen's teeth.

Second, they can't be adapted from lefty configuration to righty configuration because the bolt handle and cheekrest interfere with each other.

From my vantage point, and AR-50 is about the worst choice as an ambidextrious 50.  Now if you are a lefty and you can find a lefty one, great.

www.bluegrassarmory.com, www.ferret50.com, and www.statearms.com all make lefty specific rifles if that interests you.  I've also heard from several folks that a Barrett M99 is pretty workable for a lefty person.

Good luck!

-David
Edgewood, NM
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:49:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:19:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, the stock can be changed out with two screws.  But you can't open the damn bolt all the way with a right handed stock on a left handed gun.

-David
Edgewood, NM
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:43:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I just learned to fire right-hand.  Its not that hard on a single-shot
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top