Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 11/19/2008 2:01:51 PM EDT
Well let me preface this by saying I KNOW Vulcan is crap/junk.

I live in a retirement town in Fl, the avg age here is 66yrs.  Most of the people that go to this auction are Blue Hairs. They most like will not know it true value, this of your grandmother's bridge club. Most items are home furnishing. There have been some guns, but they go pretty high, Jennings .22 for $200, and Old Ruger Mark I 22/45 $400.
There is one pawn shop in town, he has a AR in 308, a laser, two lights with a Eotech, NV, and a Can behind the counter. If he shows up I think it will be his.

I am thinking of buying this and flipping it at a gun show next week.

So what is its new value? Used value?

And is there anything I should look for?

Thanks Guys

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:28:43 PM EDT
[#1]
That appears to be an updated model or something.  Looks quite a bit different than the one I got in a few areas.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:42:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't try to flip a 50 at a gunshow unless it was an AR-50 or a Barrett.  The market for 50's at any one particular venue is pretty limited and especially for a POS Vulcan.

I would suggest you don't waste your time.  If you want to make some quick cash, put your money in GM in the next few days at $2.50 a share and pull it out when it hits $10 after the bailout.

Flipping a POS Vulcan doesn't have much upside unless you buy it today for $300 or less.  Besides, I couldn't sleep at night selling some poor sap a gun that might blow up on him.  Money can't get you out of Hell.

-David
Edgewood, NM
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:51:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I wouldn't try to flip a 50 at a gunshow unless it was an AR-50 or a Barrett.  The market for 50's at any one particular venue is pretty limited and especially for a POS Vulcan.

I would suggest you don't waste your time.  If you want to make some quick cash, put your money in GM in the next few days at $2.50 a share and pull it out when it hits $10 after the bailout.

Flipping a POS Vulcan doesn't have much upside unless you buy it today for $300 or less.  Besides, I couldn't sleep at night selling some poor sap a gun that might blow up on him.  Money can't get you out of Hell.

-David
Edgewood, NM

Are they really that bad I heard that bolts break, and weak bi-pods, and such.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:52:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Can't get much worse than a broken bolt.  Kinda flies back pretty fast when it's containing 50-60,000 PSI of powder burn.

I won't stand near one.  While their not technically banned at all FCSA matches, most match directors will disqualify them for safety concerns.

If you would have bought GM yesterday like I suggested, you could have made 40% on your money selling it all today.

Buying and selling guns is no way to get rich, especially junk ones.

-David
Edgewood, NM
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top