Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 10/15/2008 10:21:43 AM EDT
here is the link for the ammo, has anyone shot any of these? Should i stock up on them? Much thanks

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM989-5.html

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 11:15:59 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
here is the link for the ammo, has anyone shot any of these? Should i stock up on them? Much thanks

To be clear, i've never shot these.  However, the components are the cheapest available with once-fired MG brass around $0.65 each and API bullets at $.20 each.  Not sure what powder but primers are $0.35 each.

You'd be much better off to buy Igman Ball from Wideners.  It's New bullets and New brass for about $3.50 a round instead of MG FIRED Brass and Pulldown bullets for $3.00 each.

No Deal.

-David
Edgewood, NM
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Here is something to think about Kennyt_7. Where do you plan to shoot these rounds? The reason I ask is this. If it is at a range, be it a state ran range or a private range. Many will not allow any kind of bullet that can start a fire, be it tracer or incendiary. Either are prohibited at the private range that I am a member of. Also many ranges do not allow any steel core bullets such as Armor piercing which this is. My club prez and range custodian do not even like the so called M33 ball from south africa which has a mild steel core. Seems that the steel core sheds the copper jacket at impact and the core has been known to skip, aka ricochet over the burms.

So, you might first see if there is anywhere you can legally shoot this ammo before purchasing.

Max
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 5:25:02 PM EDT
[#3]
do your homework and you will be rewarded with low prices  for 50 cal ammo. I just picked up 200 rounds of LC 08 for 300.00 per 100 I do not reloaded and will start soon as soon as I get  in 750 A max rounds in...
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:31:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To be clear, i've never shot these.  However, the components are the cheapest available with once-fired MG brass around $0.65 each and API bullets at $.20 each.  Not sure what powder but primers are $0.35 each.

You'd be much better off to buy Igman Ball from Wideners.  It's New bullets and New brass for about $3.50 a round instead of MG FIRED Brass and Pulldown bullets for $3.00 each.

No Deal.

-David
Edgewood, NM

How good is French Military 685gr. FMJ Ball Ammo?  Original manufacture-not reloaded/pulled/etc.

I can pick it up for ~$3/rd.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 4:15:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Shootemup, and anyone else who is not a member of FCSA.

I highly recommend that you join the Fifty Caliber Shooting Assoc. It is only 40 bucks a year and your get quarterly magazine to read along with the forum. Yes they do have 1000 yrd matches and I do not think I will be able to attend one for years, but the knowledge that you will find in the forum is well more than you will get anywhere else.

Check out the site at www.fcsa.org and go to the guest forums. Though be forewarned that many of the guys that are members will not give out their loading info at the guest forum. I can tell you, it is the best 40 bucks I spent so far.

And Shootemup, I have no experience with this ammo. But I would do some serious checking on it. There has been some forien ammo in the past that was loaded dangerously hot in the past. Something from the domino republic the way I remember it. Course, I have a tight neck/chamber and have to hand load all of my ammo.

Max
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 11:17:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No Deal.

-David
Edgewood, NM

How good is French Military 685gr. FMJ Ball Ammo?  Original manufacture-not reloaded/pulled/etc.

I can pick it up for ~$3/rd.  

I think that French FMJ is Berdan primed.  If it is, I wouldn't pay that for it.  The brass would not be reloadable.  Check on what kind of priming before purchase.  I still think the Igman is a better deal at $3.50 a round.

-David
Edgewood, NM
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 1:15:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top