Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 6/3/2008 1:59:46 AM EDT
Been offered one in great condition, shot 3 times.......not sure what to offer him.

thanks, Slug-O
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:52:13 AM EDT
[#1]
New $3200. Add $200 if it has the bipod. Used I have seen them around $2600 and up.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:56:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:27:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd suggest that $2600-$2700 is market price for a lightly used AR-50.  If it is a private sale, you might get a $100 to $200 premium.

-David
Edgewood, NM
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:32:11 AM EDT
[#4]
ok thanks.........ill take it from here...........wish me luck
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Slug-O Beware of to low of a low ball offer. I just got done selling my bagpipes. Low usage and had about 1200 tied up in them. Some jerk offered 500 bucks when I was asking 800 and noted the value of 1200 if bought new. I blew him off with a reply that he was insulting me with that offer.

It's one thing to haggle, its a totally different thing to come in with an offer that looks like you want him to just hand it over for free. Well at least thats my story and I am sticking to it.

Max
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:56:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Slug-O Beware of to low of a low ball offer. I just got done selling my bagpipes. Low usage and had about 1200 tied up in them. Some jerk offered 500 bucks when I was asking 800 and noted the value of 1200 if bought new. I blew him off with a reply that he was insulting me with that offer.

It's one thing to haggle, its a totally different thing to come in with an offer that looks like you want him to just hand it over for free. Well at least thats my story and I am sticking to it.

Max

yea but you never know if he needs the money very bad he might take $2000 for it that is how i got my 50 a guy needed the money very bad and had never shot the gun
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#7]
What year was it built and did you personally inspect it?

I originally purchased a barely used AR-50 and when I received it the damn thing was obviously used a lot!!! Plus, I have never heard anyone shooting just 3 rounds.

If the AR-50 is a few years old, offering $2600 and you may be offer more than what the person originally paid.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:11:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Its new........... my friend was there when he bought it.........paid 3200.00 for it....I offered 2500.00........now the waiting game to hear back......... He needs money....

Slug-O
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#9]
hello. actually, i sold a used ar-50 that had been shot 2 times! an older guy bought it, and his shoulder just couldnt take it. i ended up getting 2600.00 for it with bi-pod and scope.  kirk
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Market value is what something is worth TODAY.  It doesn't matter if the guy paid less for it.  Isn't that what we all try to do with our houses??? Buy an appreciating asset low and sell higher?

I personally find it reprehensible to try to stick it to a fellow gun owner just because they are hurting for cash.  Give them a fair offer.  Don't try to rape a guy.  Karma is a bitch.  Some of us may be on the receiving end of that one day.  Slug-O's offer is a fair one.  He's got a couple hundred up he can go if the guy counters.

Right on...Slug-O.

-David
Edgewood, NM
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:11:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Market value is what something is worth TODAY.  It doesn't matter if the guy paid less for it.  Isn't that what we all try to do with our houses??? Buy an appreciating asset low and sell higher?

I personally find it reprehensible to try to stick it to a fellow gun owner just because they are hurting for cash.  Give them a fair offer.  Don't try to rape a guy.  Karma is a bitch.  Some of us may be on the receiving end of that one day.  Slug-O's offer is a fair one.  He's got a couple hundred up he can go if the guy counters.

Right on...Slug-O.

-David
Edgewood, NM

exactly.........I was not going to offer 2K for it...thats just rude........I think the rifle is worth 2.5K and im waiting for his offer now. It has a scope but I just picked up another NightForce so I told him to keep it and try to move it himself...

Slug-O
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top