Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2007 8:33:24 PM EDT
This is # 2 and all the kinks appear worked out. This took place in the lashing wind and rain, but hey, we were there, we HAD to shoot.  I threw a 20X Super Sniper on this time and got it dialed in for accuracy.  2-3" groups at 100 IN THE RAIN were about average with the black-tip "forming loads" from Ben. I then threw in some of the AMAX he loaded up for me and was well within 1.5"  HOWEVER, I failed to figure they would be substantially heavier hitting and I embedded my shooting glasses in my forehead.  Nefarious thought that was really funny, but had to be convinced to shoot them in his upper.  After I stopped the bleeding, they shot REALLY well.  Then moved back to 400 meters and without adjusting the scope, but just holding over with mil-dots, again using the black tip, was able to drill bowling pins consistently.  

And Ben, all the brass was fine this time.

I supplemented the recoil pad with a rolled up towel and that helped a lot, but recoil is still stout.  Chris, put me in for your next muzzle break.  Additionally, last time I had the bipod legs break the welds, and I repaired them.  The one I welded all the way around held, but the one I just tacked broke again.   I was shooting in the prone with the legs in dirt.  Nefarious was on a table and had no such problem.

All told, another great day with the BOHICA.

Here's a clip of my friend  firing the BOHICA for the first time
Link Posted: 12/8/2007 1:40:07 PM EDT
[#1]
It was pretty damn cold out there, and the wind was pretty harsh out in the open, but I had a good time out there. A little rain never hurt nobody ... that was saved for the AMAX hose
I was also using the same black-tip "forming loads" as VEPRguy1 using an 8-32x56 NF. After  initial adjustments, I was getting the same 2-3" groups. Near the end, our groups were getting a little tighter - 1-2" at 100 yards. Considering the weather conditions we were in... Id say thats damn good.

This is my 3rd time out with the BOHICA - this last time being the worse conditions yet - and I am still impressed with the setup. Im wondering if Chris is going to offer a free swap out of parts - like the muzzle break - for those 1st gen models
Link Posted: 12/8/2007 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the report! I keep on looking into buying one of these because I can actually AFFORD it and it seems like a great starter's .50bmg.  I was thinking though before I bought a scope and rings, I would put an AR-15 carry handle on it with a flip up front site just for the time being. But thanks again!
Link Posted: 12/8/2007 2:47:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey, Nef.
I still have your Duct tape!!  Yea, it was pretty miserable.   I have that video of you shooting your group if you want me to throw it up.  It has a good shot with both 50s in the screen.  Or you can just remain a ghost.....
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top