Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2007 10:56:37 AM EDT
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=5&t=225972

Trying to find out about a replacement trigger for my AR50
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:42:41 PM EDT
[#2]
What about the Rifle Basix?  Same design type, so it should work.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:42:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:10:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I put in the Rifle Basix 4 to 20oz in my AR-50 and it works like a charm!

That is what I was looking for.  Someone that had done it.  I bought the 1 1/2 and up trigger.  If I can get 2lbs, I'll be very happy.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#5]
You won't be disappointed! It helped my accuracy a lot. With the old trigger, I had way to much time to think about what was about to happen once the gun went off
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#6]

The AR-50 comes from Armalite with a Schilen as a stock trigger.

How to adjust the AR-50 trigger - www.snipercountry.com/Articles/RemingtonTriggers.asp

I have mine set around 1 pound, and it breaks like glass with no creep. Couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I tried with no luck.  

How does yours shoot with that pull?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:32:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I tried with no luck.  

How does yours shoot with that pull?

Awesome. Light years ahead of the way the stock trigger was set up. I have the trigger set up where there is no creep, and no backlash. Just a nice clean, crisp break.

So what didn't work about it? You do have to separate the receiver/barrel from the lower aluminum stock in order to gain access to the screws. I'm assuming you did this? And still no luck?  

ETA: I tried to induce a slam fire, and couldn't get it to happen no matter how hard I slammed the bolt. So, I would say your "safe" with it set at 1 lb, but as always, all rules of firearm handling still apply.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I went through the normal steps for adjust Rem triggers on it.  I spent a good two hours trying to get it lighter without a slam fire, but couldn't do it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:41:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a rifle basix trigger in my EDM.  It uses the Rem 700 type as well and dropped right in.  It's set around 6-8oz iirc.  It's a lot nicer than the factory Rem trigger that came with it.  Only problem is the safety doesn't work.  Too much spring tension from the bolt or something i presume.  I can put it on safe and it is fine but when I disengage the safety, it will fire.  I uninstalled the safety arm so noone else can get hurt by relying on a bad safety on a big ass gun.  If you ain't ready to shoot it, don't load it.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:02:16 AM EDT
[#12]
The AR50 has the safety mounted on the back of the bolt, so that won't matter.  The trigger should be waiting for me when I get home tonight, so I'll let you all know tomorrow how it turned out.  

The Rifle Basix that I bought for my Savage .308 turned out GREAT!  I only bought the 8 oz one, but it went all the way there (safely) with an hour and a half of tweaking.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:30:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I was thinking that his safety on his EDM was like that on a Remington.  That is why I made the remark about the safety on the AR.

I am like you, 50, I don't load until I am ready to shoot.  I don't think that I have ever even used the safety now that I think about it.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top