Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 2/22/2007 2:50:52 PM EDT
Since Talon has gone tits up I'm going to invest even more heavy in reloading components. I can find all sorts of bullets, powders, and primers fairly easily and they don't break the bank. I can't hardly find any brass anywheres though. I got 100 pieces from Hi-Tech ammo, Israeli made early 90's non-fired for $72/100. The stuff was very rough and I already chunked 10 pieces of it because they were severly deformed. Widener's has LC brass for a bit more, anybody buy their brass from them or have a good source?

BTW yes I've seen the cheap once-fired military brass but I've read to stay away from brass fired in Ma-Deuce.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:52:15 PM EDT
[#1]
There is no reason to stay away from the Ma duece Brass, You just have to sort it and do a little better job of inspecting it. Its harder to resize that first time but after that its easy.

Here's a link to some brass 50 bmg Brass

Jason
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:07:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Uh yeah, if you'll help me with the $10,000 deposit maybe I can swing a truckload on the next paycheck. Guess I'll try some of the MG brass, I've just heard the M2 severly distorts the brass.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:21:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 40 pieces of twice fired FNB.   It is nice brass.   $25 shipped?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmm, just a few more rows then a need right now.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#5]
We were actaully trying to figure out how todo a group buy over on the FCSA website a couple weeks back and I Kept the link for amusement puposes.

I believe Wideners has brass thats unfired.

I'm not currently in the market for brass as I have 600+ pieces and I've processed about 1/3 of them.

Jason
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:37:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Seems that the MG brass is the best bet from Pat's reloading or similar place. Probably going to order some of the unfired brass from Wideners. BTW what's the average number of firings ya'll are getting from .50 brass? Regular load in a milspec chamber, 3 or 4 like a belted magnum or will they last a lot more?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Seems like 50-shooter said that he was getting about 7 loadings out of Neck sized brass befor he decided to trash them.

I'm still on my first loading, I'll let you know when I start having problems

Jason
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:18:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Cool, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:15:13 AM EDT
[#9]
so anyone know any good cheap brass on sale.  im looking for around 1000 rounds of brass since i got the bullets, primers, powder, and press.  just i got no brass
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#10]
patsreloading usually has it, give them a call.

I also like to buy from rvow but can't seem to get their site to come up today.  Anybody know if there's been a problem ?

ETA.... rvow site is back up.

But no answer or call back.  I haven't used them in a while  so maybe Nikki can't do it all alone.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top