Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 2/20/2007 7:52:16 AM EDT
Prince Bi-Pod, Where to purchase one?  Everybody seems to be on backorder.

Also, what is the best case/bag for the AR50 set-up?  I love the Pelican cases, but was thinking about a softcase.  
Any opinions?
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 3:43:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I ordered my Prince with the gun thru the dealer, so can't help you there, but as far as soft cases go the Armalite soft case is pretty nice, custom made for the gun.....however, remember, it is a big and heavy gun so anything you bump it up against will be a pretty hard lick.  I ordered a cheaper (doskosport IIRC) hard case from Cabelas or Bass Pro that was long enough to accommodate the rifle with the buttstock removed and the bolt pulled out, but scope still mounted.  A helluva lot cheaper ($60-80 I think total) than the Pelican and 80% as good anyway, at least for toting to and from the range.  It's still a pretty heavy duty case with at least 5 or 6 latches and the gun is no strain on the carry handle, etc.  Got wheels on one end too, but if you use them you are a little .  Easier to fit in the truck bed box too.  It's been several years since I bought all that stuff but that is what I recall as far as pricing, etc.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 7:01:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the soft case from Armalite for my AR50 and it is awesome.  I hate taking that damn stock on and off and that case solved the problems.  It's so big it doubles as a shooting mat although I have never used it in that capacity.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:07:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I too have the case offered by Armalite for my AR-50, BUT I wish I had seen this one before I bought mine:  http://dillonprecision.com/template/p.cfm?maj=51&min=1&dyn=1&

I think this is probably a much better case and can be had for less if you Google it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:18:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By George Toney:
I too have the case offered by Armalite for my AR-50, BUT I wish I had seen this one before I bought mine:  http://dillonprecision.com/template/p.cfm?maj=51&min=1&dyn=1&

I think this is probably a much better case and can be had for less if you Google it.

Are you talking about the Stryker??
Do you know if an assembled AR-50 with MONO-pod and BI-pod and scope will fit in it??

I have 2 of their DTS cases. Hold 2 rifles and they are great.. I might have to check into one of these..
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:51:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a pelican for mine. Have extra room for for the DE 50 & 5 mags for it.
I like being able to cut the foam to hold everything securely.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 10:14:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#7]
50shooter,
Are you talking about the Tac-Force Stryker case??
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:33:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top