Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 12/5/2006 1:52:00 PM EDT
I've got an order in for a Cobb BA50.  I chose the standard version with a 30" barrel, and it does not come with a bipod or a monopod stock.  So, the customization begins.

Anyone have suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/6/2006 1:59:40 AM EDT
[#1]
bipod is easy use an M60 bipod, Monopod you can go with a FAB-defense stock or put a ACCUSHOT monopod on the A2 stock.
Link Posted: 12/6/2006 5:20:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe you can also use the Magpul PRS stock. It looks badass on the Cobb. Not sure about compatability with a monopod though.
Link Posted: 12/6/2006 8:04:43 AM EDT
[#3]
The aforementioned Magpul PRS does make a fine addition.

Mine came with the Bipod and I have considered getting the Accushot monopod used in conjunction with a YHM bipod adapter since the Magpul has a rail under the removable cover on the bottom, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Mine

Link Posted: 12/6/2006 8:55:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks to everybody for the help.  I'll post pics when the rifle gets in.

Quoted:
bipod is easy use an M60 bipod,

Anybody know a source that has them in stock?  I've worn out Google trying to find one.

Link Posted: 12/8/2006 3:05:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Have your FFL contact RSR. According to cobbs web site they are the distributor.
nascar that rifle does look bad-ass with the magpul stock.
Link Posted: 12/8/2006 6:07:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Have your FFL contact RSR. According to cobbs web site they are the distributor.
nascar that rifle does look bad-ass with the magpul stock.

I ended up changing the order to a BA50T, which comes with a bipod.  I may replace it later with an adjustable-leg bipod, but that's one issue solved.

I do like that Magpul stock.  That and the Command Arms SRS are tied for my first choice.  

It's a damn shame that Knoxx doesn't make a recoil-reducing stock that will fit on the Cobb.  

I'll post pics when the rifle gets here.  Should be early next week.  Unfortunately I won't get to test fire and zero it until the second week in January because of my work schedule.    

Link Posted: 12/8/2006 6:49:52 AM EDT
[#7]

It's a damn shame that Knoxx doesn't make a recoil-reducing stock that will fit on the Cobb.

I don't think you'll need a recoil reducing stock.  With the brake that Cobb puts on their 50 plus the weight of the rifle, recoil is very tolerable.  I've had two seperate occasions where I went out and shot right at 100 rounds in a half day's time and wouldn't have even had a bruise, except I accidently let the the stock creep up on my collar bone a couple times.  I would compare it to a 12 ga.  If you can handle going out and shooting clays for an afternoon, you should be able to manage high round counts with the Cobb.

Good luck with the new rifle, I think that you're going to be really happy with it.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2006 7:18:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I don't think you'll need a recoil reducing stock.  With the brake that Cobb puts on their 50 plus the weight of the rifle, recoil is very tolerable.  I've had two seperate occasions where I went out and shot right at 100 rounds in a half day's time and wouldn't have even had a bruise, except I accidently let the the stock creep up on my collar bone a couple times.  I would compare it to a 12 ga.  If you can handle going out and shooting clays for an afternoon, you should be able to manage high round counts with the Cobb.

Good luck with the new rifle, I think that you're going to be really happy with it.  

I need it so I can convince the wife to shoot the rifle.  "See honey, it's got this new-fangled stock with springs in it, so it won't hurt you!"
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 10:20:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Cobb recoil is less severe than a 12 ga IMO.  More like your average .308.  It's a push not a strike.
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 4:15:18 AM EDT
[#10]
How does the Cobb shoot - what kind of accuracy are you getting out of it?
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
How does the Cobb shoot - what kind of accuracy are you getting out of it?

Not sure yet.  I've got the rifle, but Nightforce hasn't shipped the scope yet.

I'm really tempted to mount an Eotech and go blasting.  

Nascar3n8fan can probably give you his opinion.
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Be the first to try the CAA stock.  We need a review on that (expensive) bad boy...
Link Posted: 12/26/2006 8:04:25 AM EDT
[#13]
I've only taken it out to about 400 yds.  using Talon and I was able to chase bowling pins around at that range.  

Hopefully I'll get to try at longer ranges this weekend if I'm feeling better.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Nascar3n8fan, ya did a excellent job on paper at 500 yrds. I cant tell you wether or not them AP slugs were stuck in the 1/2" plate when i loaded them up in the truck after shootin at the 950 yrd mark or not but i would have to say thats when ya hit it. Im pretty sure that .50 would penetrate 1/2" at 500yrds, so my geusse is you put them in at 950. To bad we didnt have longer on the 950.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:22:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks beltfed, can't wait to try that 950 yd range again.  

For those wondering, the Cobb seemed like it would hold up to the 1 moa claim with standard ball ammo, as long as you do your part.  I was keeping center of mass on a man sized  silhouette at 950 yds and I know I was moving just a little with the bipod.

I wouldn't mind using a benchrest and some 750 gr. AMAX to see what it would really do.

Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:36:37 AM EDT
[#16]
2 of them AP bullets were in the same hole, they are stuck in the plate to where ya cant pull them out even with pliers and they are so close you cant get a peice of paper inbetween the two. Thats some excellent shootin, ecspecially for the first time bein that far out.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top