Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 4/17/2006 2:30:56 AM EDT
Looking at the 50 BMG uppers I have seen that fit on ARs, it appears that you could potentially fire these with the bolt forward but in the unlocked position.  Is this the case?  Are they all like this?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#1]

My lower is in pieces currently, but looking at the upper, forward, but without the lugs engaged, I would think that it would not fire.if it did actualy rotate the bolt closed enough to engage the firing pin, I wonder if the hammer would have enough force left to ignite the primer?  

I suppose if it did get to the firing pin with enough force, the lugs would be near fully engaged....

ANdy
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:11:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Which make of upper is that?

So yours looks like it cams the hammer when you lift the bolt handle, like the Serbu rifle.   On the ones that I seen, the hammer was cocked when the bolt was pulled back.  Not sure which make though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:23:50 AM EDT
[#3]
UL50 by ligamec, and yes, opening the bolt cocks the hammer.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top