Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 3:21:56 PM EDT
Well, I finally decided to pony up, and stop using my buddy's 50 (even though I always paid for ammo and/or lunch.....sometimes both ).  Although having shot the Barretts, I fell in love with the Armalite AR-50 about four or five years ago when I shot it at a machine gun shoot (it was one of the only non-MGs there).  I really, really loved the rifle, so FINALLY, after contemplating getting either that, a Barrett M99A1, or going full bore and getting the M82A1, I got a NIB AR-50.  It came with everything I needed except a rear monopod and a scope.  I have yet to get the monopod, but did get the glass- a Leupold Mark 4 (M3) LR/T 3.5-10X with Illuminated Mil-Dot reticle.  Have yet to shoot it, but at least I can now say I am in the fifty club.  Still thinking of maybe thinning out some of the inventory and getting either a M82A1 or M95.   BTW, does anyone know if the M107CQ (I've also seen it referred to as the M82A1CQ) will be commercially available?  Anyway, just thought I'd brag a little about my new toy.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:06:11 PM EDT
[#1]
The best thing about shooting a buddies AR-50 is that he gets to lug it to and from the range and you only have to shoot it.

But now you can say you are a proud father of new 45 pound baby. Have Fun!!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:11:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I will tell you this right now.  Get the shots monopod.  Its not as expensive as others but its built like a rock.  I can get you some pics if you want.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:12:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Lucky you!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:03:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Conga Rats!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:21:46 AM EDT
[#5]
SHOTS monopod?!

No way! Go with Darin's, all they did was copy his designs anyway. You can contact him at [email protected], while you're at it ask him for the thumbscrew for the bolt release. You'll thanks me later about the screw when you have to clean it, pack it, whatever. That factory screw sucks when you can't seem to find your fricken allen wrench for it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:37:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I will tell you this right now.  Get the shots monopod.  Its not as expensive as others but its built like a rock.  I can get you some pics if you want.

I saw that and was intrigued.  Is it better than the Prince monopod?  If so, would you mind giving the newb an education?  TIA
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:44:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
SHOTS monopod?!

No way! Go with Darin's, all they did was copy his designs anyway. You can contact him at [email protected], while you're at it ask him for the thumbscrew for the bolt release. You'll thanks me later about the screw when you have to clean it, pack it, whatever. That factory screw sucks when you can't seem to find your fricken allen wrench for it.

Thanks 50!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:07:46 AM EDT
[#8]
well it costs about half of the prince.  That helps a hell of a lot for me.  You are getting damn near the same design.  So same design with very good workmanship at a price that a military guy like me can afford.  I found that you find one company that makes something right you can continue buying happily from them.  There bipod is rock solid and now that my monopod has come in I know that that is solid too and will gladly look over anything else he puts out.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:45:32 AM EDT
[#9]
The Price50 stuff is top drawer. I would stick with the Price50.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:56:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I have to agree with Nickforney, The shots stuff is very nice, especially the bipod, if you want it rock solid, I don't know about anyone else, but i don't walk around the woods with my AR, hence i don't need the conveinence of a attached folding bipod to add to the weight, (looks pretty, but i want better function) Hey Cloak are you in western MA.?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:00:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I am mainly a bench and ground shooter.  In any case I don't like the feel of the prince bipod.  Just feels to flimsy to me.  I like the feel of it being so damn strong.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have to agree with Nickforney, The shots stuff is very nice, especially the bipod, if you want it rock solid, I don't know about anyone else, but i don't walk around the woods with my AR, hence i don't need the conveinence of a attached folding bipod to add to the weight, (looks pretty, but i want better function) Hey Cloak are you in western MA.?

Thanks to all for the advice.  Supp-22, yes, I am in western MA.....I sent you an IM.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top