Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 11:13:25 AM EDT
I've seen this thing in action at a range. The company braught it to demonstrate and let some individual soldiers fire it. Anyway, It is pretty awesome how it can be switched from .50 cal to 25mm real quickly without even having to do headspace and timing. The whole thing with the tripod is 40 some pounds. The demonstration was pretty impressive, where it even has a laser range finder and will shoot 25mm round where it will explode, say over and enemy's cover.

My question is for those who know alot about this weapon system. Is it pretty reliable under tough conditions? Since it has parts made out of strong lightweight materials like carbine fiber, do any of the parts break if not careful? Is this a good alternative over the browning .50 cal HB machine gun?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:41:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Ih ave seen very little on this system.  I will say this.....don't hold your breath.  there are several weapons systems the .mil wants to replace before the old stand by mama duece.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top