Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 3/7/2006 11:37:26 AM EDT
The year 2006 is destined to be a great year for BMG shooters and would-be shooters.  Three new rifles scheduled to be released allow choices never seen before.  Each gun will have pro's and con's depending upon what you are looking for and are priced ~$3000 apart.

Below is an edited transcript of emails exchanged between myself and BGA.  (Color added for my emphasis.)  Can anyone contribute more information regarding the semi-auto Viper?

Subject: semi-auto?

ME: Hello, I saw a comment online mentioning a semi-auto model. Is this slated to be a 2006/2007 release?

BGA: We have a semi auto, but it is still being tested to insure it meets our standards. We think it will be available sometime this summer.

ME: Playing cards close to the chest. I understand there are reasons for that. Is there any information you can release at this time? Or if you already did, where can I find it?

BGA: The semi auto prototypes look like the Viper. They are gas operated bolt action guns, with fixed barrels. To my knowledge, there is no information out yet. Just invision the current Viper with a clip in front of the Trigger Group. Other than the clip, there are no cosmetic differences in appearance.

Barrett M82a1, MSRP $7750

BGA semi-auto Viper, MSRP $unk
Semi-auto Viper photo not available, single shot photo shown

EDM semi-auto Windrunner, MSRP $8250

Serbu BFG-50A, estimated MSRP $5000
proto-type photo shown
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Any more news on the semi's from BGA?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#2]
No further news at this time.  I'm holding my breath because I think the semi-auto Viper will be a great gun at a great price.  In fact, each of these new rifles will definately change the semi-auto BMG landscape.  I think we'll see that having a military contract doesn't always mean you have the best product.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top