Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 3/2/2006 12:14:47 PM EDT
Jeff from Blurgrass Armory called today and said that he was putting my Viper on the truck as we spoke!!! I don't think Ill be able to sleep tonight.
My ffl called today and said come get the doorstop. 1 day delivery! WOOOOHOOOO!!! An impressive piece of hardware. Ill try to post some photos tonight.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#1]
here is an exsersize I recently got good at.  breath in real deep.  then exhale.  now laugh and jump around joyusly for a minute or so.  then breath in deep again.  repeat as needed.  If you start having trouble with taking in too much air make sure you have a paper bag around.  where are the pictures?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Photos are here

What a nice piece of work. Arrived well protected in a good sturdy box, no tool marks, bolt raceway is slippery smooth, well put together. MUCH bigger than I expected. Hopefully in between the kids bb games this weekend I can break out the 30mm lapping bar, and inch lb torque wrench, get the scope mounted and get yall a few more snaps before I take it in the back yard and start shooting.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:21:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice looking SticK!!!  Range report!!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:26:02 PM EDT
[#4]
It is a beautiful thing.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#5]
if you don't mind me asking.  sounds like you got her straight from factory?  how long did it take to get in and what was your final price?  what glass are you putting on?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats dude!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:40:10 AM EDT
[#7]
BGA will allow you to order straight from the factory. I did all the research on line and by phone with those guys, they are great to deal with. I sent my funds and a copy of my recieving ffl. My gun took a while longer than norm. 1 it is LH. 2 they were really hustling to get a bunch of CA stuff out to meet the deadline. Mine took 19 weeks. In the process they kept me informed.
If I remember the cost of the Viper and shipping was $2325 shipped. That is a bargain. For now the gun will wear a Leupold M1 3.5-10. I m sure it will hold up, I don't think it is enough magnification for the longer ranges. It will be held up by a pair of Burris xtreme tactical rings. 6 screw, 1 in high beefy mounts. These were also a compromise at the time of purchase Badger was elusive. But I do not think they will have any issues. They are stout. Hopefully a range report later this week, as soon as I can drag her into the backyard to put a few down the pipe.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:50:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice Rifle.
You know,  I took the foam from my box and had a local carpenter make me a wood crate around it.
It has served me very well and kept the rifle very well protected. I think anybody who is handy could do the same thing!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I see you are ready to cuddle-up next to the fire with your new love.  A cold West Virginia night, a warm fire, a new love in your wanting arms...true bliss.    Congrats.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#10]
LMAO!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:44:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:40:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Throw a Nightforce 5.5XX22 on that lovely beast and we will have twins!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#13]
What?  Where's the range report?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, don't tease and run!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:48:43 PM EDT
[#15]
OH MY!.......Screw the range report...We'll need action footage, and its due no less than 24hrs!
GET SHOOTIN MAN!!

SO SWEET, Wow , I mean just WOW!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:04:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey Im no tease. Sorry for the delay, my little black cloud and goofy preplanning has slowed me down. My nephew has been in the icu for a while now after a perffed appendix. He is on a rough ride at the moment and Im trying to help his family the best I can.
My lack of figuring out what I needed to maintain this girl didnt help. Had to order some new cleaning stuff. Tom Miller from biggerhammer and Paul & Ramona Harlow at aaa ammo have been super working w/ me to get the stuff I need. Hopefully in the next week Ill have a report for yall. Sorry to string ya along. db
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:07:12 AM EDT
[#17]
... Grab the aspirin and head to the range!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:34:50 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Hey Im no tease. Sorry for the delay, my little black cloud and goofy preplanning has slowed me down. My nephew has been in the icu for a while now after a perffed appendix. He is on a rough ride at the moment and Im trying to help his family the best I can.
My lack of figuring out what I needed to maintain this girl didnt help. Had to order some new cleaning stuff. Tom Miller from biggerhammer and Paul & Ramona Harlow at aaa ammo have been super working w/ me to get the stuff I need. Hopefully in the next week Ill have a report for yall. Sorry to string ya along. db

Hey I was just messing about the teasing thing, I know very well that more improtant issues can easily hamper ones playtime.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:09:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Nice piece of metal there.  uhm-Richmond, KY is only 40 minutes from me.  $2,325??  Income tax check on the way....uhmmm...You go me thinking now blusmoke...My wife is going to hate me..
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:55:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Hate her back and do it. Give those guys a call Gary and Jeff are pretty good to deal with. The only obltical you might run into is sales tax. Still might be cheaper to have it delivered. Just a thought. Good luck. db
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:47:53 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Nice piece of metal there.  uhm-Richmond, KY is only 40 minutes from me.  $2,325??  Income tax check on the way....uhmmm...You go me thinking now blusmoke...My wife is going to hate me..

I vote you go and cherry pick your piece in person.  While you are there try to get a sneak peek of the semi-auto prototype.  Better yet, sneak some photos of it.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top