Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 2/25/2006 3:26:42 PM EDT
The range I will be shooting my 50 BMG does not allow steel core ammo.
Since US ball ammo is soft steel core I can’t use it. I reload for the 50 but I don’t want to spend over a buck a bullet for target 50s like the Amax. Are there any non steel core cheap bullets available for reloading?

Thanks
Rich V
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:17:22 PM EDT
[#1]
AMAX is your best bet or copper solid ($$$$).

This is our 1.5" thick plate. The API hits were only .125" from making it though the plate.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:30:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Contact Darin a.k.a. Prince50, he makes brass solids in the same profile as the M33 ball round. He sells in bulk if you want alot, [email protected]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:07:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Prince-Al M33 style brass projos...  ~750gr

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:58:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies all.
Are any of these bullets under a dollar each? I’m not looking for target accuracy just 100 yard plinking. Anyone make a traditional lead copper jacketed bullet?
Thanks
Rich V

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:47:28 AM EDT
[#6]
As I recall, if you buy the 500 count box of Prince50-Al Burghard M33 bullets they'll run you around 65cents ea. shipped USPS 'flat rate'.  If you're in CA... you'll have to add in sales tax too..
There's a discount for buying more.

Do a search over at biggerhammer.net for Prince50 or Al B for their email specifics.

They're a great deal for the M2HB shooters out there who face range restrictions too!

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:30:40 AM EDT
[#7]
If you do find someone that does make a swagged lead/copper jacketed bullet, it's gonna run as much if not more then the AMAX. Hornady keeps their price down (not lately) by mass producing bullets.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top