Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 5:22:41 PM EDT
ill be damned, i cant find no damn rings high enough to set on my AR-50 without dropping the cheek rest so low that the bolt wont open all the way, anybody have any ideas? they need to be a little over 1 inch from the top of the base to the bottom of the ring?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:22:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Myself and many others have shaved a little off of the cheekpiece where it rolls over.   Now the square part of the bolt handle clears the cheekpiece and I can get it very low.   I did it by draw filing so it looks like nothing was ever done to it, of course after I hit it with some high temp flat black paint.   I think I took off almost 1/4 inch.   I wish Armalite would do this from the get go since it seems to be a common problem.
If you don't want to cut on it I understand.   I believe alot of people get the Badger ultra high rings to get around this.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top