Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 1/19/2006 4:45:07 PM EDT
I received an email from my FFL today and my upper came in today.  I can't pick it up until next
Friday. I start midnights tonight with doubles this weekend and I don't have an off day until next Friday. On top of this, the FFL I am using is a local .50 BMG ammo manufacturer and a friend of a friend and he is located 2.5 hours away. I need a full day off to go and pick it up. Those who are still waiting on theirs, they are coming. I hopefully will post pics next weekend.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:34:38 PM EDT
[#1]
7 months later.  as long as mine is right i will be very happy. also did you notice the price went up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:13:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, we bought them at the right time. I guess a 7-8 month wait for a $1000 isn't too bad.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:38:38 AM EDT
[#3]
it was even more with my law enforcement discount.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Still waiting on mine!  Talked with him about a week ago and he claimed all should be shipped to everyone by the end of the month!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Skip told me all would be shipped by the end of the month so he could close the books. You may get yours before I can pick mine up. Does anyone have a range report yet?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Still anxiously waiting........
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I am going to try and go Thursday morning after work.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:52:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:52:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:14:59 AM EDT
[#10]
no cobb for me untill after the shot show because of my od green paint job. when is the show in feb.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:23:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Here are a couple bad pics. I am impressed with the quality. All tolerances are tight and need to be worked in. I have only shot it twice but I like the muzzle brake, you don't feel any concussion from the blast. I wish I would have had more updates about it's delivery status but it was worth the wait, nice job Skip. I read a few posts about the bipod so I took a pic of it. Looks like I may have to save up for a MCR now.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:27:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:51:56 AM EDT
[#13]
yes, i will post one later today.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:07:39 AM EDT
[#14]
While your at it could you take a picture of the upper reciever, not necessarily the barrel just the upper and the lower together.  In the pic posted in the for sale add they looked horribly mismatched, almost as if 1 has taken a colt lower and put an Oly upper on it!  The bipod in that pic doesn't look like a M60 bipod but it does look alot better than the other I saw.  
I'm still curious as to why they are advertising M60 bipods using M60 bipod pics in the advertisements, and sending those other things out?  Maybe they are better?  Wolver you have one in hand now, do you think the M60 bipod is better or the one you got?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#15]
I have never dealt with a M60 bipod so I really can't say. I do like the one I have, the legs are spring loaded and it seems pretty sturdy. Upper and lower fitwise look good but the coatings are different shades. Will post pics shortly.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:13:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:54:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:20:01 PM EDT
[#18]
What is the extra "notch" for the bolt handle up front for?   It's like a half notch behind the first one where the bolt handle is when it is in battery.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:27:07 PM EDT
[#19]
A guide rod off of the bolt, extra support for the bolt?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Over all how do you like it?  Oh, and you shot it twice how would you catorigize the recoil?  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#21]
I love it. Keep in mind this is my first .50. Quality is good, everything is tight. It is bigger than I thought, the muzzle brake is twice as big as one on a Barrett. I like the brake, never felt any concussion while shooting. Recoil, 3" mag 12 ga. I am going again Tuesday after work and I will but more rounds thru it plus couple buddies from work will shoot it and I will get their evaluations also. I have the desert camo Duracoat kit and I think it will look better with it but I am alittle nervous to paint it myself. 2 workers at Summit Ammo, where I picked it up, both shot it and they seemed to think it was the same as a Barrett. The one fellow said it has a better brake than an Anzio. I would recommend it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Well last week the guns got shipped out.  When probed for a tracking number no response could be illicited.  Finally I get a call today in response from the call on Fri, in reference to were the guns were when they should have been here if shipped when they were suppose to.  Ok the young lady said she'd call me rite back with the info.  About 2 hours later I had gotten no calls so I called!  I was told that the guns would ship out Thurs or Fri??????
WTF first off I thought they had shipped?  Second of all I was told and several of you all the guns would be shipped by the end of the month.  I know I'm not the brightest bulb in the box but even I can look at a calender an see that Wed is the first of Feb.....wouldn't that mean that anything after that would be shipped after the date we/I was told?
I know this seems trivial to most of you and you guys are saying just shut up we have waited 4,5,6,7,8, months and so have I.  My gripe at this point is that I'm feeling I was lied to multiple times about delivery times!  I could care less about the 3-4k what ever the thing cost, its the point I was told I'd be looking at it by now and I'm not!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:17:06 PM EDT
[#23]
I hear you, I wish I had better status updates but all I can say is I believe you will be happy with it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:53:43 AM EDT
[#24]
i e-mail skip and he gets back to me within a day. i will call BS on the bipod switch(i did talk to him about it) my gun is coming after the shot show due to being painted. i dont mind because i think when painted one color it will look a lot better. there are some serious growing pains here. all of us that are getting our guns now did pay at least $600. less. if he dosent tighten up he will have a very tough time at that price point.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#25]
What did he say whe you confronted him about the bipod, harkore
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#27]
his vendor raised the prices through the roof on him. now he has to use these. first, ther are tons of real M60 bipods for sale for $185. i had one in my hand today. i spoke to the vender and they schooled me on the history of the M60 bipod. the one shown is not US issued. I even confirmed it with a buddy of mine who trains grunts on .50 and M240s that are mounted on tanks. these are not the real deal. I looked on my paper work when i bought the gun and it says "M60 style bipod" $250. Once again Brovo Sierra. Next is the stock pistol grip that came with the lower $2.00. When purchased it showed the target grip with the palm swell, about $30.00. Once again BS.  i didnt complain because of the good discount i got. There is a lot of corner cutting after the fact. That is not a good way to build good will and positive feed back about a companys product.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Went to the range after work, took 4 friends from work. One is a newbie like myself, one guy used to shoot alot with his full auto stuff, and the other 2 are more experienced shooters, hunter and just plain shooter. Everyone LOVED it.  We would still be there if it didn't get dark. We only shot 11 rds total, spent the whole time cleaning after each shot. They all said that they could shoot it all day long without any problems.  The more experienced shooters didn't think it kicked like a 3" mag, it was less. Skip, it you read this, one of them is the guy I referred to you, who is on the list and he has sent you a couple emails. Keep in mind all 5 of us have never shot .50s before the Cobb but we all love it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:09:03 PM EDT
[#29]
silent 338 sounds like you need to send your lower back and ask for a refund. Since you are not happy with what you see from wolver's pics.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#30]
I know 2 guys who would probably buy it from you.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:25:55 PM EDT
[#31]
I talked to the "hunter" and "experienced shooter" today at work and they believe the recoil is equal to that of a .300 weatherby with a muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:04:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:17:10 AM EDT
[#33]
What little experience I have with 50's, I love the brake. It is a monster but works very well. All the ammo I have, I purchased from Summit and I will probably get all mine from them. I have 15 rounds down the tube, only 60 more to break it in. Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#34]
wolver98 any way you can get before and after measurments of the brass. i would like to see how much the neck expanded. i am setting up my press to load my own ammo for this gun
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#35]
yeah but it won't be until Monday.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#36]
thanks, i just loaded up 20 amax rounds for it. i am very intrested to see the before and after firing.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:11:37 PM EDT
[#37]
The neck od after firing ranged from .561-.564. This was an empty shot from my Cobb on Tuesday.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Alright, I got my upper in yesterday!  My first impression was: This is big!  I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't that!  It was quite impressive.  It seemed a bit larger than the Barret we compared it to.  Although when measuered they are not to far off.
I have to appologize for my comments about the coloring.  Upon observing it the anodizing looks a good bit closer in person, to match.  I believe after a couple of oilings and some time they will blend right togther.  The break is awsome I love it.  The bolt is sweet.  It says in the manual after 75 rounds or so it should be broke in, but I don't know how it could get any better than what it is!
The bipod.....first off I'm still disappointed in that.  I expected an M60 bipod, even in the manual it says M60 bipod, I think it is page 7 first line last paragragh.  (It's not infront of me so I'm not sure about that part.)  The bipod that was sent is a nice bipod, sturdy, well built, and strong.  I had to order the palm grip to match the one originally advertised.  I'm glad that the rifle is finally complete and is here.  I didn't like the finish time kept moving back and that it took so long for it to finally get here.
Overall I'm well pleased and satisfied with the final product  I believe that if Cobb can turn out these guns within not only a reasonable time frame but an honest time frame they will be a top end company in the .50 industry in the near future!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:14:02 PM EDT
[#39]
my bud who knows photography said that its bad lighting and will look better in person. tell us more about the accuracy, group size.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:57:25 PM EDT
[#40]
As soon as I get a chance to go out I will, I have been so busy as of late I haven't had too much time on my hands.  I did take the time to mount a scope on the thing this evening.  Hopefully tomorrow or Thurs I will have a chance to go through a few rounds!
I also managed to coat the gun in 2 more coats of oil.  THe break matches the lower exactly now.  THe upper is still a little off but you can tell it is darkening up.  I believe a little time will help more than anything now!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:43:00 PM EDT
[#41]
What kind of scope did you mount on it?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#42]
An 80mm ATN, I really don't think I'm gona like it!  I think I will try it out this weekend when I have some time to really shoot this thing.  I will probably end up putting an old Springfield Armory or a Leupold that I have laying around on it until I can afford another schmidt & bender.  
I just bought a new spotting IR for my Arora DNV and that kind of hurt my play money!
If  I knew what I knew now I would have never bought the ATN, but I have it now!  I'm not one just to trade something in because I don't like it I will find a use for it somewhere!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:18:25 AM EDT
[#43]
all the new offerings from sig, fn, etc. are hurting my scope fund.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#44]
This  thread sure got quiet.  How are those Cobb's doing?  Do you get the claimed 1 MOA?  Any more range reports?

Quoted:
They took the basics of the Barrett mag and really hacked it up. The feed lips are a bit too wide.

50cal, you'd know better than me.  But it sure looks like a M82 mag.  What do you say cmi?
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top