Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 9:20:59 PM EDT
just got the AR50 and would like to know some options, if there are any, on a rifle case or bag. not picky just something to carry it in going back and forth to the range. a soft case would be nice and if the gun doesn't have to come apart would be nice as well. found one at some tactical website for $189 with free shipping, thought that might be pricey, what say you?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:05:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:52:01 AM EDT
[#2]
The AR50 is hard on any soft cases, will tare holes in them really easily. I found this case works great. The AR-50 fits in there perfectly and costs only a bit more than most of the soft cases I found.

Guardforce GDS-9290CW
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:54:21 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the input guys, I found the bagmaster heavy weapons bag for $136.76+ s/h, so  I'll go that route for now. just need something to transport it in back and forth to the range. now all I need is my optics, which I hope will be here soon.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 for bagmaster, I've been using one for the past year with no problems.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#5]
check the size and see if it will fit..

this is what i have my 50 in..
if it will , i have 4 4-sale, 140$ each

http://www.galatiinternational.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=GIO&Product_Code=SM4812&Category_Code=shootingmat

i have 3 of these brand new, in the plastic,  for 140$ each, picked up.
all are Olive Drab

same as these, and these sell for 275$
http://www.skdtac.com/item.asp?ItemID=SKD6441&PRICE=275&CategoryNum=150

They are awsum for varmit hunting and carying around those heavy varmit guns, since they have backpack straps.

Use as a rifle case to hold firearms up to 48" in length and 11 1/2" in height. An adjustable strap and pouch secures the firearm to prevent unnecessary movement. Constructed from Cordura Nylon with over 1/2" of closed cell foam padding on each panel. Features a heavy-duty YKK dual slider zipper and clips to provide the extra durability. A protective flap also covers the zipper. Laces are sewn on the outside of the case to secure a tie-down camouflage system for even more discreet concealment. Numerous accessory loops available to attach items to the case by alice clips. Carry the case by the reinforced carry handles or take the padded back-pack straps out of the concealment pocket and snap them in place to wear as a back-pack. Two drag loops are also available for attaching to your foot or arm while crawling

The rifle case easily transforms into a shooting mat within seconds. Folds flat into three panels. The additional foldout flap makes the total size of the mat 66" in length and 37" wide. Includes four detachable and interchangeable panels including one zippered accessory pocket (9"x7") panel, one zippered accessory pocket (9"x7") panel with 10 elastic ammo loops and two panels. The Galati Shooters Mat is available in black or olive drab.

Rifle Case Dimensions: 48" Length x 11 1/2" Height
Will hold a gun up to 48" inches in length.
Shooters Mat Dimensions: 66" Length x 37" Wide

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:25:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I purchased the Guardforce from Explore products for my Steyr HS 50.
It is a nice, rugged case for damn near the price of a soft side.
And it has wheels which I will motorize to make it Tactical! Kidding.
Over 60# with my "Big Willie 5-0" inside, but I would rather a heavy case take a ding, not my new Baby.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:30:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Have you gotten the cleaning setup for the .50 yet.

That was an eye opener for me.

Danny

P.S. I have the Bagmaster and like it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:13:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Have you gotten the cleaning setup for the .50 yet.

That was an eye opener for me.

Danny

P.S. I have the Bagmaster and like it.

I had bought the Otis Elite cleaning kit a while ago and it provides for the .50, great kit I really like it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#9]
the bagmaster rocks.  doubles as a kickass shooting pad to keep dust down, and also has an extra wrap for the muzzle break.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:23:26 AM EDT
[#10]
well I finally received my BagMaster heavy weapons case for my AR50 and this is one sweet case. heavily padded all over, an extra wrap for the muzzle break, extra padding all along the zipper edge, well worth the money, happy I bought it
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:49:23 AM EDT
[#11]
This looks as tough as the gun. http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/horizontal-item.jsp;jsessionid=5P4KI4C2CA1QDTQSNOLSCOOOCJVYQIWE?id=0026823224004a&navCount=0&cmCat=srchdx&cm_ven=srchdx&cm_ite=srchdx&CM_REF=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cabelas.com%2Fproducts%2FCcat20772.jsp&_requestid=45573
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top