Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 11/29/2005 5:08:24 AM EDT
I just talked to Skip and the uppers should ship in 3 weeks. They are building the bolts, the barrels will be here this week, and the rest of the upper is together. We might have them by X-mas.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:09:58 AM EDT
[#1]
That is great!  I had spoke with him Wed, the 23 and he had indicated that it would be the middle of the month when they shipped so we will see!  I'm very excited this was my first .50 cal purchase!  With all the talk of banning them I decided to get off the jack and quit with the NFA stuff before I had to pay a $200 tax on this!Does anyone here already have 1?  I'd like to know what you think of them?  I went out on a limb when I purchased this I had no prior knowledge other than reviews I had read about the Cobb .50!
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 1:44:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I did the same, I decided to buy one before they get banned. I also went strictly on reviews and the fact that it has the 10 rd. mag. I have been waiting 5 months for mine so lets hope they ship soon.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, the good news I assume is you have your lower already!  I got mine last month I believe, that is correct  It was last month I'm sure of it!  
Anyway I believe I got in the waiting line just after you if you have been in 5 months!
I can't wait to get mine!
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 2:03:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, I have the lower. Looks like this will be my X-mas present to me.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 6:26:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe  you have to buy the whole gun?  Maybe they will sell just the lower, but they shipped the lowers out first.  One can speculate whether that was because they got them through before the rest of the gun or because it was intended to be through just incase some new legislation comes down the pipe!
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 12:23:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I was told he shipped the lowers first since he had some rifles sold in states that were/are trying to ban the .50. I believe you can order just the lower now. I ordered the whole gun. I was told they are 4 months behind so if you are interested in one, you better contact them now.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Did nyone see the review in SGN on Cobb 50's and the new Quick change system he is producing. I was going to get the Cobb 50 also but now I think I will see how his new contraption is going to work.

He really has a great idea on magwell changes.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#9]
It is cool but too pricey. I was looking at the MCR 100 for $3000 and then $2500 per caliber change. It just isn't cost effient. I can buy alot more rifles for that kind of scratch.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:46:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I talked to the owner of Cobb yesterday and the new update for my BA50 is this month. He said they had problems with the metal for the bolts but they are getting parkerized now and they will start to ship rifles Monday. I asked when mine will ship but he didn't know only that all 100 will ship this month so they can close their books.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:27:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm still waiting.  I guess I should start scope shopping, that may take a couple weeks.

-Scott
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:12:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I talked to the owner of Cobb yesterday and the new update for my BA50 is this month. He said they had problems with the metal for the bolts but they are getting parkerized now and they will start to ship rifles Monday. I asked when mine will ship but he didn't know only that all 100 will ship this month so they can close their books.

I'm about to believe they waited to get enough orders to finace this project and go from there!  I spoke with him yesterday and I got the line that all the machining was finally through and shipping would indeed start on Mon.  They couldn't ship all of them in 1 day, they had to ship a few each day?  I got the part about putting the uppers together and testing them!  But with only 100 guns they should be able to knock that out in a 2-3 day!  Something doesn't seem right about this whole deal!  
Don't get me wrong I will be glad to get mine but after what you said about the problems with the bolts...I hope they got that strait!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#13]
This whole process has been trying. Not getting any updates and then when you do get one, it is not close but there is never a follow up update to let us know what is happening. I don't mind it taking awhile, I want the rifle correct but when you have my money, I don't believe it is too much to ask to have updates on the status of  my rifle. Needless to say I am not impressed with their customer service.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:12:18 AM EDT
[#14]
{cricketts chirping}

Hello?  2.5 months and no new posts?  How is your BA50?  Are you getting the claimed 1MOA acccuracy?  How's the fit, feel and recoil?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:03:22 PM EDT
[#15]
check out this post. i haven't shot it since this post either.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=3&t=193214
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:38:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top