Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2005 3:04:58 AM EDT
Want to buy an AR50 but the local gun store can't seem to get one. Had one on order from Armalite for better than 6 months now and still waiting. He's tried ordering one from his main supplier and still nothing, how do I get one? Local gun shop is even a factory dealer for Armalite and he can't seem to get one, what's a poor boy to do?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:46:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy a  Serbu.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:19:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Follow this link to see four of them for sale www.gunsamerica.com/1101/1101-random-1.htm

Second link has a lefty for sale near the bottom if you're looking for one of those. www.gunsamerica.com/1185/1185-random-1.htm
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the info, will investigate more tomorrow, wish me luck!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:27:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I inquired about getting one (AR50) from my dealer yesterday. He said that they are currently on a 6-8 month back-order. Going in there next month to put one on order...figure it will be here for spring/early summer of 2006.

-Derek  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:00:23 PM EDT
[#6]
You can thank California and other states trying to ban the .50 for the backlog.  The best way to sell lots of anything is to get somebody to try and ban it.  Then it seems that everyone and their grandmother wants one.  The current backlog started when California passed its ban then every swinging Richard in California who even remotely thought they wanted one was out to get them before the ban went into affect.  And the same thing is happening across the country as more and more states talk of banning it.   And as the demand goes up and the supply goes down, guess what prices do.  I'm damned glad I got my AR-50 when the price was "only" $2200.  If another state or three passes .50 BMG bans I wouldn't be surprised at all to see prices double on the open market, at least for the short term and/or in those states.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:39:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:41:38 AM EDT
[#8]
you guys that bought yours years ago were the smart ones, I on the other hand were not in a financial position to even think about it and now things are better and I'm screwed, but I'll keep trying.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:46:16 AM EDT
[#9]
It makes me all warm and tingly thinking about all of those 50's in the hands of American citizens.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:32:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Order it and wait.  You'll be happy with your choice of getting the AR-50.
In 6 to 8 months you'll be smiling from ear to ear.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:35:50 PM EDT
[#11]
It probably does not make you feel any better buy I am two month into a  "9 to 12 month" waiting list for an ALS-50 (a 50BMG upper for an AR15 type lower).

I think BIG BORE  was about right in his summary in that the threat of a ban has "everyone and his grandmother wants .. (a 50BMG)"    That brought a grin as I imagined a firing line of a dozen blue hair ladies firing 50BMG's!

I hated to "jump on the bandwagon", but I have wanted a 50BMG for years, and if you are like me you would hate to miss out on something that is so much fun that big brother thinks he has to ban it!  Actually I am an accuracy nut and want to get in on some extreme range target shooting, but that is none of Big Brothers business now is it?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:41:18 AM EDT
[#12]
There's a AR-50 for sale on www.m2hb.net for $3,800, comes with everything you'll need. Look under the swap/sell/buy section, better hurry as it might not last long.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:22:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I've had some luck with Knesek Guns, they should have 5+ in a couple of weeks, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top