Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 7/19/2005 5:27:43 PM EDT
Feinstein Threatens To Ban 50 Caliber Rifles

Call Your Senator Now  

Dear .50cal rifle supporter,

The clash in the US Senate we have all been waiting for appears to be very near. In all likelyhood S-397, the Senate Bill to ban frivolous lawsuits against firearms manufacturers, will come to a vote in the US Senate sometime next week. This bill is the most threatening piece of legislation we have seen yet to owners of the .50 BMG target rifle.

Senator Dianne Feinstein (Antigun D-CA) has promised to attach a rider amendment to the bill to ban the sale of .50 caliber target rifles. This bill is the centerpiece of legislation this year for the NRA and every progun organization in America. FCI supports this bill strongly, however we are adement the bill cannot be allowed to pass with any amendment attached that will infringe on the rights of the .50 caliber shooting community.

Efforts will be made to strip Senator Feinstein's amendment out of the bill if she is successful in having the amendment included. However, FCI urges every member of the 50 caliber community to contact their US Senators and express, in no uncertain terms, your support for this piece of legislation as well as your anger at Senator Feinstein's amendment.

S-397 enjoys strong, bi-partisan support in Congress as underscored by a letter sent to Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist by many of his colleagues. You may visit the FCI web site at: www.fiftycal.org to read the letter and obtain more info on how to contact your US Senator.

In your phone call or e-mail, remember to urge your Senators to pass a "clean" bill without amendments.

S-397 is the most important piece of legislation for law abiding firearms owners and manufacturers to come before the US Senate in the past several years. It is critical we all get involved and show our strong support for this bill.

To Call your Senators: (202) 224-3121

Mobilize your co-workers and friends to do so as well.

If you email or fax your Senator, FCI would like to receive a copy of the email at: [email protected] or a copy of the fax at: (206) 202-3920 for our files.

This is important folks, so lets make some noise on this issue.

Best wishes and good shooting.

John Burtt, Chmn
Fifty Caliber Institute

US Senate Vote Near on S-397

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Fifty Caliber Institute (FCI)
PO Box 1128
Choctaw, OK 73020
  Phone: (405) 390-4174
Fax: (206) 202-3920
Web site: http://www.fiftycal.org
E-mail: [email protected]
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:44:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Does anyone know if this rider has been attached as of yet?
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:07:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Apparently it has passed the amendment phase without anything attached! WooHoo!
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:29:45 AM EDT
[#3]
When will the people of Cali realize this dumb cunt is a one trick pony?
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:30:47 AM EDT
[#4]
would that bitch die already....
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 9:17:22 AM EDT
[#5]
My senators ARE FINESTINE AND BOXER!

Perhaps send them a "hurry up and die already" letter?
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#6]
May God help you!
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Uglygun,

I feel your pain brother!

S.397 passed today with only the trigger lock amendment added, nothing else.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:24:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry so late, but it's a done deal now right? The .50 ban didn't go through RIGHT? I've been out of the loop for a while and I almost have enough saved up for a Rebel. PLEASE tell me I'm still good!!hinking.gif
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:23:04 AM EDT
[#9]

halo311 wrote:
Sorry so late, but it's a done deal now right? The .50 ban didn't go through RIGHT? I've been out of the loop for a while and I almost have enough saved up for a Rebel. PLEASE tell me I'm still good!!

Yes, halo311.  S397 went through without a 50 cal ammendment, so you are still good.  For now...

For what it's worth, I put my order in with Barrett for a Model 99 on Monday... I was waiting for this bill to go through without a 50 cal worry as well.  Feinstein will try again, of course..
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#10]
What we need desperately is for a congessman to draft a bill to BAN Feinstein!

Seems like there are three or four "gun grabbers" whose names keep popping up when an anti-gun issue is involved.    As much as this upsets us "gun lovers", think of all the wasted time and tons of wasted money in Congress, House or Reps, etc.    Also they could be doing something worthwhile with their time instead of trying to ban firearms.   Feinstein is economically unviable!  Dump her!
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top