Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 10/27/2004 5:44:38 PM EDT
You can not hunt with fmj here in La. So if I want to hunt with a 50 cal browning, does any one make some sp ammo for it?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:56:55 PM EDT
[#1]
there's a company out there that makes .50 HP's. they're expensive as hell though.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:10:38 PM EDT
[#2]
try Hunting Shack in montana, they sell a box of 10 750 grain A-Max for $29

its what i use
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#3]
You can also try TTI Armory, I think they sell a HP and a frangible. Watson's weapons might have some stuff also.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:14:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

its what i use

Not that it especially matters with a .50 , but IIRC A-max's aren't a hunting projectile by any means.  They are more specifically designed for target shooting.  Just thought I would add, however, they aren't FMJ, so it might be fine if that's all you are worried about.

Gundraw
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:52:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

its what i use

Not that it especially matters with a .50 , but IIRC A-max's aren't a hunting projectile by any means.  They are more specifically designed for target shooting.  Just thought I would add, however, they aren't FMJ, so it might be fine if that's all you are worried about.

Gundraw

I saw a picture of ballistic gel shot with a .308 A-Max. It expanded and fragmented very violently; it is a pretty fragile bullet. Even if it is not intended to be a hunting bullet, it will work very well in this role.

However, with a .50 BMG, don't expect a great deal of meat to be left over...
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:10:51 PM EDT
[#6]
shot a whitetail at 650 yards last year, and it didn't expand at all made a 1/2 " hole, but is legal for hunting here in Mt because it is not FMJ
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:47:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Hunting Shack in Montana made a 650g lead point bullet for some time. I don't know if they still do or not.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top