Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 10/24/2004 7:08:41 PM EDT
As suggested in the AR forum I'm posting a copy here.

A friend of mine is thinking about getting one of the .50 BMG uppers, such as the UltraLite50 that Ligamec corp makes.

Any opinions on functionality and accuracy would be appreciated.

As for sense I think the Rangers dumped him out of the chopper on his head one or two times too many.

Thanks
packratt
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Checkout the UltraMag 50 too - www.safetyharborfirearms.com
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:16:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:16:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm going the ALS route.

I want a longer barrel for better ballistics on the round for more long distance shooting, 18-22 inch barrels just not being my thing for a rifle of this magnitude.

The ALS upper is heavy as heck though, makes for a 35 pound rifle from the sounds of it.

Maybe one day down the road I'll buy one of the lighter weight carbine uppers such as the Ultralight 50 but I don't forsee the need to have a packable 50BMG for the kind of shooting I'll be doing.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#4]
My buddy had another question I forgot.

Are any of these rifles capable of 1 moa using factory match ammo or is reloading required?

packratt
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, check out TTI Armory, The Hunting Shack (HSM), AAA-Ammunition and AZ Ammo.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top