Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 8:28:10 PM EDT
Barrett 99
Bushnell 10X42 Elite
80 rounds IMI Barrett .50 bmg
Case

What's your thoughts on this scope?

I never considered Bushnell as an option for a .50 mounted optic.  Barrett seems to think it's ok.

enlighten me.  I was fully prepared to plop down 1K+ for a Nightforce or Leupold.

HR
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#1]
The package is intended to let you get the rifle and ammo and go straight to the range after picking it up at your dealer.
You can upgrade your scope later. It's just a starter package.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:53:59 AM EDT
[#2]
People will have you believe that it takes a high dollar scope to shoot a 50BMG. Everyone just assumes you MUST have a Nightforce or Leupold just because its been repeated so often. From my personal experiance I had a Super Sniper on mine for about 3 years and then put a Springfield Armory on it. Both Scopes have served me extremly well. A friend has a Super Sniper 10X on his Serbu and replaced it with a SS 20X simply because he wanted more magnification.

The vast majority of 50s I've seen were not topped with high $$$ scopes and folks were doing just fine with them. If the Bushnell that comes with you rifle work then that's fine. Don't feel pressured into rushing out and spending 1k on a scope just because a bunch of other guys say you should.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:59:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm planning to put a Tacpoint on my Barrett,
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:51:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm planning to put a Tacpoint on my Barrett,

Copycat!!

Barrett 99, Tacpoint, KAC knock off mount, and Dieter/CQD sling and rail mount.  

CHRIS
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#5]
damn, now i am going to have to take a picture of my AR50- EOtech setup.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:25:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
damn, now i am going to have to take a picture of my AR50- EOtech setup.

Do it. You know you want to.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:43:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:45:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Think about what you will be doing with the 50BMG, if you are lucky enough to be able to get to a place where you can really 'stretch is legs' (shoot out past 1000 yards), then a 10 scope will probably not be enough magnification.  If you will rarely be able to shoot beyond 600 yards then a 10x is probably sufficient for you.  For a fixed power scope I think 10x is a good choice.  But a good variable in 6-20 (or similar) will pretty much wil do anything (except save you money!).  

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:12:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been using a Bushnell Elite 3200 10x Mildot on my 300WinMag now for more than a year and I can't state how impressed I am with this little scope considering it can be had for around 200 bucks.

I've found it to be a consistent scope in terms of mechanicals, it returns to zero and it's clicks appear to be as advertised which is something that other higher dollar scopes can't even claim.

The optics are clear and the mil-dots serve well.

For 200 bucks it is a DAMN good value.   Can certainly find better scopes out there but this little scope ain't bad.     When I finally get a Nightforce 5.5-22x for my 300WinMag, after rebuilding the rifle, the little 10x Bushnell is going to stay in my arms room making it's way onto the 20inch Bushmaster to help the rifle fit into a DM/spotter's role.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top