Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 10/3/2004 5:06:05 AM EDT
Has anyone heard, seen or shot this upper www.UltraMag50.com
Looks like the bees knees, just wanted some feed back(thanks Bill) My need for a 50 might be diffrent from yours, I'm not into 1,000 yard target shooting. I'm more interested in the item that just parked at the end of my drivewayand and if it could be taken out with a few SLAP or API rounds. maybe 300-400 feet away.Hey- it's my driveway.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:33:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I've shot a friends, they are nice for shooting offhand. The 3 round mags are nice and they should have the 5 round mags out now or very soon.

They are working on a semi auto upper, if it works it's gonna be sweeeeeeeet. The Mfg. posts here every now and then as Tokarev.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:02:14 AM EDT
[#2]
i have the www.ultralite50.com upper... its vary nice...
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#3]
You have one Russr? Did their web site show 2 barrel lenths? An 18 or 22" which one did you get? What's the kick like?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:35:50 AM EDT
[#4]
My friends has the 18" barrel, the recoil offhand was a little less then a 12ga and more of a shove. Shooting it off the bench you actually feel more of the recoil and muzzle blast.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:46:28 AM EDT
[#5]
50 Shooter,

What was your over all impression of this upper? Fit, finish and function?
Ballpark price and waiting period?
Would you buy one?
Do you know if there's any type of ammo you can't shoot from it?

Sorry for all of the questions.
Thank-you,
stimpy
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:25:08 AM EDT
[#6]
The fit and finish were excellent, everything worked flawlessly. I don't know what he paid for it, he was one of the first on the list and got it not long after Walter promised. Yes, I would buy one if I could afford it right now, the mag fed feature is what makes this upper stand out against the rest of them.

He hasn't had any problems with different types of ammo that I'm aware of, he said he took it to a shoot in AZ and got to shoot some API, Blue tip and S/T through it. He's also using a holosite on his which seems to do pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Stimpy,
Try this link for my friends review of his UM50, UM50 Range Report
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:55:01 AM EDT
[#8]
50 Shooter,

Thank-you so much! I think I've just made up my mind. (And I'll now stop bothering you!)

PS- if you friend wants to sell his "damaged" UM50 let me know...............

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:10:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't think he wants to sell it now that it's "broke" in. After we checked it out and saw that everything was okay, I told him that his BFG got jealous and blew it off on purpose.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:40:14 AM EDT
[#10]
LOL! Good one! I've seen the flip-up sights, are they realalistic? Doesn't the scope get in the way? And how about the bipod? is it fixed, adjustable?

Oops! I lied about not bothering you.......sorry.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#11]
The flip up sights work but I think he said that the recoil would make them collapse every now and then. I used it with the holosight only and not the regular sights. I think he was going to get a Serbu bipod or use the one off his BFG. Serbu's new bipod isn't adjustable but you could put an M60 bipod on it if you can find one at a good price, not sure if Walter has one made yet.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top