Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 9/10/2004 5:13:21 PM EDT
So should I get a .50 before the ban? I am really torn as to what to do. I would like to get the Serbu BFG-50, it's roughly $2100. That would be an awesome weapon, BUT with that cash I could get a Springfield loaded M1A, a Kimber .45, and a Garand. All of which I would love. I can’t decide, of course I would like to get all of them but since money doesn’t flow out of my ass that is out of the question.

What yall think?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:25:20 PM EDT
[#1]
First, you don't NEED a 50bmg. You want it just because. If there is a ban then what will happen with the prices of Serbus? I'm sure they won't get any cheaper if you can even find one for sale. Buy one while you can.

Is there going to be a ban on Kimbers, Garands, or M1As? If not then you can get one whenever you come up with the cash.

I vote for the Serbu.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:34:53 PM EDT
[#2]
With a name like sexual chocolate, one would think that money did flow out of your ass.

I agree with Jeep, get it now and worry about it later. If Arnie signs AB50 and you wait to long, the .50 might be gone for you unless you move out of state. Many people still kick themselves for not buying an AW when they had the chance. Whatever your chioce is, don't wait to long to make it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:43:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy the .50 now! The others will be there for a few more years.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:49:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks like Arnie just signed the Ban so your answer should be obvious.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:42:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like another red hot poker in the eye for law abiding citizens of Kalifornia.

Damn, I wish they would have crime control instead of law abiding citizen control.

My dumbass voted for the Traitornator.

Buy the damn Serbu.

You have until 2006 to get a 1911 style pistol.

Dan
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Dan

What the hell is that all about?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:38:24 AM EDT
[#9]
$999 for a 50BMG upper is getting pertty reasonable!  But that 22" barrel is kinda short, I'd opt for 29 or 30" to keep the velocity in the normal 50BMG range.

Styer AUG is arranging a Barrett group buy next month or so.  The M99 single shot might be in the $2500 ballpark (no prices quoted yet so this is a guess).  This for a whole 50BMG rifle with the Barrett name on it.  I would stay tuned for this offer if you are thinking 50BMG.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:30:36 PM EDT
[#10]
That MMAG has been advertised for the last two years, not ONE has seen the light of day! Don't waste your time dreaming about it, get a Ferret50, UltraMag or ALRS upper.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:49:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I had lunch today with a buddy and his friend who works near him at our company cafeteria.  I mentioned the 50 BMG ban in Kalifornia and this "friend" of his goes,"What are you going to do with a 50BMG"  I said, "Makes a superb extreme range target rifle!"  He laught at me and says "I don't think anyone should be allowed to own a rifle in that caliber."  I felt like stabbing the greasy bastard with my fork, but calmly mentioned that I had safely fired a couple different 50BMG rifles and they were great  fun.   This clueless looser has been watching Liberal TV for too long.   The only way to change these totally ill-informed people (which is most of the population these days) would be to let them fire a couple rounds an feel the thrill for themselves.  I bet in 10 minutes you could at the very least make them wonder why they have been listening to all the anti-gun BS without questioning it.  I believe they truly have not made up their mind that guns are evil, they just have hear it so often (and have not heard the truth) that they believe the brainwashing they have been exposed to.  

Personally I have no need for a 50BMG, and realistically have little opportunity to fire one if I had it.  By by God, to have these numb-minded sheep people tell me I don't need a 50 BMG and shouldn't have one because THEY don't have a clue, well that makes me want one for spite sake alone!

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:48:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:53:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dan

I have heard that in 2006 the Kali handgun safety requirements are that all pistols must have a loaded chamber indicator and a magazine safety. I can't remember where I read it, mabey another board member can help.

Some info also at

CalGuns

1911 Forum

Dan
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:49:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dan

I have heard that in 2006 the Kali handgun safety requirements are that all pistols must have a loaded chamber indicator and a magazine safety. I can't remember where I read it, mabey another board member can help.

Some info also at

CalGuns

1911 Forum

Dan

Yes and then all accidents will stop, crime will cease.   Just like the how the Assault Weapons Ban eliminated crime, and how Washington DC is crime free because of their anal gun laws.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:39:32 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Yes and then all accidents will stop, crime will cease.   Just like the how the Assault Weapons Ban eliminated crime, and how Washington DC is crime free because of their anal gun laws.

Yep, just like the "Gun Control Act" kept the fully automatic AK out of the CRIMINALS hands when he killed a police officer in San Frincisco recently. And the DA is not going to seek the death penalty. He will be in hi standards with the other inmates. And the Kali politicians say we need the AW ban. Jez the AW ban does not apply to the fully auto AK, the gun control act does. And the ^%&^$ is already illegal.

We are all saved now
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:30:31 PM EDT
[#16]
www.impactguns.com

DPMS Single Shot lower...

$175

Buy, register as a .50 and complete it when you ant...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:57:57 PM EDT
[#17]
That M99 Barrett kicks like a damn govt mule !

My buddy shot it at one of the Camden,TN shoots.

After he shot it he pulled me to the side and said, " I know those .50's kick alot but that M99 is ridiculous....  He owns a Serbu now.

I met Jeep29 there and he let me shoot his AR-50 =) and his buddy had a Serbu.

I got to shoot em all that day.

The AR-50 is a dream to shoot because of the low recoil, but too heavy to tote around.

The Serbu is the most portable

The Barretts look the best

I am now the proud owner of BFG-50  #18 with a AR-50 brake
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:00:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Wheelgunner

Where is the info on this? I see nothing in the Chronicle about this. It seems to me this would have been major news that they would have jumped on. Want to see what lies they have in the article.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#19]
I only got my AR because they banned them, and am so glad I did.......  now i will have 50BMG for the same reason,  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:48:48 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Wheelgunner

Where is the info on this?

Thanks

Uh, gonna have to be a little more specific.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:35:37 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
That M99 Barrett kicks like a damn govt mule !

My buddy shot it at one of the Camden,TN shoots.

After he shot it he pulled me to the side and said, " I know those .50's kick alot but that M99 is ridiculous....  He owns a Serbu now.

I met Jeep29 there and he let me shoot his AR-50 =) and his buddy had a Serbu.

I got to shoot em all that day.

The AR-50 is a dream to shoot because of the low recoil, but too heavy to tote around.

The Serbu is the most portable

The Barretts look the best

I am now the proud owner of BFG-50  #18 with a AR-50 brake

Not if you're a manly man.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Wheelgunner

The one about the officer in SF being shot with a full auto AK.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top