Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 8/29/2004 8:05:56 AM EDT
I am just starting to reload .50 BMG.  I have loaded other cal's for many years.  It appears that the primer pockets are crimped as in other Mil ammo.  I have tools  to remove the crimp by swagging in large and small primer pockets, but can't find any thing for .50 BMG.  Any recomendations. Thanks.hinking.gif  
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:47:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out this site for all the .50 BMG reloading tips that you'll ever need. WR's 50 Site
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:31:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks its a great site.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:17:03 PM EDT
[#3]
How much brass do you need to do?? If it is a one time deal I may send you mine maybe we can figure out a deposit type thing. Are you a thief????????? Just kidding!!!!!!!!!! Mine is a CH tool and die. Good Product.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:34:11 PM EDT
[#4]
With the military brass (unfired pull-down), I just ream the crimp lip with a standard deburring tool.  I have shot these over and over without any issue --- there is so much bearing surface in there to hold the primer that a little bit missing from the top doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:39:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
With the military brass (unfired pull-down), I just ream the crimp lip with a standard deburring tool.  I have shot these over and over without any issue --- there is so much bearing surface in there to hold the primer that a little bit missing from the top doesn't matter.

I do the same with a 50bmg reaming tool.  Haven't blown myself up yet so I assume its all good.  

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Same here, just hit it enough to remove the crimps. You can use the same reamer to do the mouths of the cases.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:56:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I have the C-H tools, but the deburring method is faster and actually more positive.  
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top